Replies

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I returned mine and bought a vitamix.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Smoothies here you come!! I like to take a cup of milk, a cup of yogurt, a cup of frozen blueberries, a frozen banana & a spinkle of cinnamon in the blender. Yours will be smoother than mine because I'm just using a cheap Osterizer.
  • jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    Options

I wish... Way out of my budget. I may start saving my pennies. :)
  • nessa3983
    Options
    As soon as I got mine I made lemon hummus????
  • jazzie_red
    Options
    Lemon Hummus? Sounds YUMMY. Do you have a recipe?
  • sararocksmith
    sararocksmith Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I made a yummy smoothie with frozen berries, rice milk, kale, avocado (makes it nice and creamy!) and some honey.
  • nessa3983
    Options
    1 can of chickpeas drained(save the juice)
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tsp hot shot (I like mine a little spicy)
    1 lemon
    1 clove of garlic

I put about half the saved juice in first then half of the chickpeas with garlic (i chop it first) and seasonings and blend.
    then I squeeze the juice from the whole lemon and blend it with rest of the chickpeas.
  • jazzie_red
    Options
    Thank you!! So saving that. I love hummus.... I like spicy hot too.
  • libbydoodle11
    Options
    Lemon Hummus? Sounds YUMMY. Do you have a recipe?

Here is my hummus recipe, it has lemon in it.

1 can garbanzo beans

1/3 c fresh lemon juice

1 clove of garlic

salt-to taste (i use kosher or sea salt)

1/8 of teaspoon of cayenne- if you want

1/8 teaspoon of turmeric- if you want

Blend and serve

I serve it with cucumber slices or bite sized cuts of celery stalk.
  • libbydoodle11
    Options

I wish... Way out of my budget. I may start saving my pennies. :)

7 year warranty on the vitamix. I had to save. It was out of my budget too. Glad I made the investment.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I make baby food lol
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options

Vitamix people are such ********
  • jazzie_red
    Options
    I heard the vitamixes really do greens well and the Ninja pro not so much. BUT it does turn ice to snow. I love slushy ice. With a spoon. Mmm...

I love frappy whippy coffee drinks, so I am hoping to figure out a good way to make one around 200 calories or less. This would be a treat of course, not an everyday thing. But man those whippy frappy drinks are LOADED with calories and expensive.
  • xixshaiyaxix
    xixshaiyaxix Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't need the fancy Vitamix, my Ninja Blender (cost me 35 Dollars and has a 10 year warranty) is purrfect for everything =] I like to make smoothies. It comes with a smaller compartment which I use for meal prep- chopping onions, peppers, etc.
  • libbydoodle11
    Options

Vitamix people are such ********

I had a regular $20 dollar blender for decades. I bought the Ninja thinking it would be great. I started cooking more and decided I wanted something I didn't have to baby or make due with.
  • libbydoodle11
    Options
    I heart the vitamixes really do greens well and the Ninja pro not so much. BUT it does turn ice to snow. I love slushy ice. With a spoon. Mmm...

I love frappy whippy coffee drinks, so I am hoping to figure out a good way to make one around 200 calories or less. This would be a treat of course, not an everyday thing. But man those whippy frappy drinks are LOADED with calories and expensive.

Yeah, I didn't like chewing the kale in my smoothies when I made them in the Ninja. LOL
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    ninja is great for smoothies and Margaritas

29509743.png
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    i love my NINJA.... the first thing you can make is faux mashed Potatoes...out of cauliflower...or you can even use broccoli..

they turn out creamy and taste exactly like mashed potatoes....... Im doing low carb....sometimes I put a big piece of yellow summer squash in with it.... oh....i steam my veggies before i put them into the NINJA..

also..... freeze some Almond Milk in an ice tray and freeze some of your fav fruit....now put the cubed almond milk and the frozen fruit on the NINJA and if you want a little Stevia... blend it and you got the best natural Ice Cream in the world...

if you drink protein powders, almond milk...protein powder and a scoop of peanut butter.or almond butter...wow.....great drink...

lots more yo can do..i love mine ive had one for 10 years or more
  • srmchan
    srmchan Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Another Vitamix fan here. I thought my wife was out of her mind when she asked for a blender that cost almost as much as a stove. We use it multiple times per day for smoothies, and I also make salsas and salad dressings with it.

That said, I'm respectful of budgets being what they are. Here's my post-workout/snack shake:

1/4 cup Fage Greek Gods full fat yogurt
    1/2 tbsp almond butter (no-sugar added)
    1 scoop of DaVinci Vanilla Whey Protein powder
    1 scoop Lifetime Dynamic Greens
    1 cup Silk almond milk
    small handful of ice cubes

Note while I use volumes in the recipe, I actually weigh out everything in grams except the almond milk. The above comes out to 296 calories: ~38% fat, ~26% carbs and ~37% protein which is very close to my 40/25/35 macro goals.

And here's my lunch smoothy for those days I can't get it together and make "real" food.

3/8 cup frozen blueberries
    1/2 cup Fage Greek Gods full fat yogurt
    1 tbsp almond butter
    1 scoop DaVinci vanilla whey protein powder
    1 scoop DaVinci chocolate whey protein powder
    1 cup almond milk
    handful of ice cubes

Comes out to 525 calories, ~35% fat, ~27% carbs and ~38% protein.

Sam
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    1 can of chickpeas drained(save the juice)
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tsp hot shot (I like mine a little spicy)
    1 lemon
    1 clove of garlic

I put about half the saved juice in first then half of the chickpeas with garlic (i chop it first) and seasonings and blend.
    then I squeeze the juice from the whole lemon and blend it with rest of the chickpeas.

sorry but im middle eastern and you missed a couple things.....olive oil and tahini (sesame seed paste) is a must!!! without it , its not called hummus lol :brokenheart: