Foods for Protein?

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions for foods full of protein but, low in calories?

Replies

• Eyvette1
    Eyvette1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    shrimp, fish, chicken, turkey
  • dar4765
    dar4765 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Chobani - Greek yogurt; 14gms of Protein
  • c10smith
    Options
    fat free greek yogurt!
  • naomihandler
    naomihandler Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    edamame, you can buy it frozen and i've been adding it to my stir-frys, I also use it as a vegeatable side. 1/2 cup has 13 grams of protein.
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Fage Greek Yogurt.
  • leahmolidor
    Options
    Beef jerky is a great snack that is low in calories and high in protein! :D
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Seafood is the best protein for your calorie buck!
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Chobani - Greek yogurt; 14gms of Protein

LOVE this yogurt! Costco has it now! Also..like others have said...shrimp (great prawns at Costco in freezer section), and milk (10-12 grams per cup)
  • bprixe
    bprixe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
    Ground Turkey Breast
    93/7 Lean Ground Sirloin
    EGG WHITES
    EGG WHITES
    Tuna
    Chobani Greek Non Fat Yogurt
    Cottage Cheese
  • jlee3000
    Options
    Yes Tuna steaks a are great food as they are high in protien low in carbs and saturated fats. Turkey breasts are another great source of protien more then chicken and low in fat as well. cottage chesse is a good snack food high in protien as well just a few good examples.
  • salmonpi
    Options
    Can't beat egg whites. Actually you can and the'll get all fluffy. Sorry for the pun.
  • HeyworthHornets
    Options
    Low-fat cottage cheese or low-fat string cheese -- I'm not a meat person, so these are a couple of things I eat.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky is a great snack that is low in calories and high in protein! :D

But really high in sodium.

I like eggs, greek yogurt (Fage or Choani), turkey, and chicken occasionally. Mmmmm...tuna is excellent as well.
  • Mizzswager
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the yummy foods listed! I have been doing greek yogurt every morning for breakfast. I usually do greek yogurt, oatmeal, and a medium banana. I appreciate all the input.
  • audrey12893
    audrey12893 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    lean meats
  • Mizzswager
    Options
    What does your favorite daily menu look like? A perfect day of yummy food and your go to items?
  • audrey12893
    audrey12893 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Can't beat egg whites. Actually you can and the'll get all fluffy. Sorry for the pun.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaha
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....I think Chobani needs to kick some coin our way...how many of us have named them in this post alone? :laugh: BTW, LOVE Tuna steak! Seared and pink in the middle!
  • sophistication21
    Options
    Lentils and quinoa are both really good vegetarian options. Baked fish, especially salmon is also awesome for you and full of omega vitamins.
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    I learned about Chobani from this site. I love it! I also get big containers of plain greek yogurt and add fruit and a honey as well as a couple of tablespoons of wheat germ. yum. probably a weird texture for some with the wheat germ added but i think it is kind of like adding graham cracker crumbs to it. :-)

I have also given in to cottage cheese. I don't much like it but i can doctor it enough to make it edible for me.

I think that most of the things that are listed are pretty good choices. I would take exception to beef jerky, but that could mostly be that i think it is gross...lol