C25k Week 5 Day 3 --- Say what?

Options
2»

Replies

• rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Try it, if you can't do it. Then maybe repeat the first 2 days and try again? That's what I had to do.
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way when i saw that but i completed it with no problem.
    It doesn't matter how slow you have to run just don't stop running.
  • porterca
    porterca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My app doesn't have the full 20 until Week 6 Day 2. Guess I have a different one. :-)
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    I cheated. After W5 D2 (which was longer than I had ever run before in my life), I ran 10, walked 5 and ran 10. It was hella hard.

Then I ran 3 and it felt so good that I accidently ran 26 minutes before I checked the time. I discovered week 6 that I hate intervals but a chunk of time is great.

W5 D3 was more of a mental challenge for me than physical. Eat and hydrate properly and you CAN do it!
  • northbankscunny
    Options
    Would just like to add my support to anyone about to do week 6 and day 3 especially.

I am a very overweight man and believe that I was very unfit. But i stuck with the plan, though due to a holiday I did repeat week 4 twice.

I have just run week 5 day 3 at the first attempt. It is all about willpower, if you did the runs leading up to this then you can do this. Just keep them legs moving and you'll get there.

If I can do this then I believe anyone can... I heartily recommend this program to anyone that will listen, I have come so far in just a few weeks.

Already looking forward to completing the plan and building on it. Which is an unbelievable comment fo me to make as I always traditionally hated running!!
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I just read your post, thank you!!! :flowerforyou:

I did week 5 day 2 not realizing I had run 8 minutes instead of 5 until it was over, woo hoo! When I checked my app for the upcoming day, I almost fainted! Running 20 minutes seems like a huge leap but if I don't try it, I'll never know I can do it. It's daunting but I'm going to give it my best and run at a slow pace.

Sláinte:drinker: