Weigh in and Period

Options
Ladies, anyone else notice weight loss slow down during a period?
I miscarried about 6 weeks ago and this is my first period since that, I was losing weight pretty quick. Like 4 pounds a week. this week only 2. I've only been doing this about 3.5 weeks so my weight may just be slowing down to more normal weight loss.

Replies

• mundaycarroll
    mundaycarroll Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It sounds like it might be a little bit of both. Most people do start out losing more weight rather fast and then it slows down and levels out. But your period could also be a factor. I know it's ridiculously hard for me to lose weight during mine. It can be frustrating.
  • SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I gained 6 lbs just before mine this past month and then lost them directly afterwards. Sooo frustrating! Don't let it get you down, though, stalls and even gains around TOM are completely normal.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Normal water retention, and you'll get it every month.
  • Drevious
    Drevious Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself when you are on your period. Just focus on eating right and drinking lots and lots of water. I always weigh 5-8 pounds more once a month for a few days...Don't worry about it. Don't get on the scale. It's lying to you anyway =)
  • spara0038
    spara0038 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I actually GAIN weight during my period- I've gained and lost 2 lbs within the last week!

2 lbs in a week is more normal, though. I think I'd be concerned if you were legitimately losing 4lbs/week. When I first started, I had a 6lb drop the first week due to water weight, then it went back up a little bit and when I was actually trying (I "took off" from it most of the summer) I was losing about 0.7-1.3lbs/week.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Weight loss slows down after the first few weeks. It's normal to see a loss of 3-5lbs some people see more. A lot of it is water weight. 0.5-2lbs per week is more normal weight loss. Don't be alarmed if you're not dropping 4lbs per week.

As for the period, a lot of people end up gaining during theirs. I used to fluctuate anywhere from 2-6lbs during mine. I have an IUD so I don't have any anymore.

You'll even out once you are on losing weight longer.