Trying to Stay Motivated

Options
I like to eat. correction. I love to eat. - I want to get motivated and get "on it". I know I will feel much better if I can stick with it. This is
why I joined my fitness pal.

Replies

• rfepps
    rfepps Posts: 8
    Options
    What are your motivators? What is before you that brings you an inner passion to lose weight and get healthy?
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    You can do it! C'mon, once you're motivated, its hard not to get motivated!
    Maybe you need to start a working out routine?.... and are recording everything you eat? I think making your diary public is the best thing! because you get ideas, and comments on what you could have instead or that you're on the right track! same with your excercise! record that too! and drink loads of water.... seeing a doctor and natropath opened my eyes the most....& this website is amazing use it to the fullest!
  • crawdiddy01
    Options
    Im weird. I either go all out and do great or lapse and do horrific!
  • portion
    Options
    Hello! Like so many, I admit I do LOVE to eat. Over the past years, I've consistently been on a yo-yo scale. It's sad. I go on a strict diet phase but in the end I slipped because of my inert desire for love of food. But, do you know what I learned in this lifestyle change? Eating will give you pleasure ONLY while you are doing it. After the moment, it's alll GONE. So, I think a great motivation is you have to be clear with yourself that you can be so much happier with a healthier body etc. instead of just eating something you like.
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Fitness wise find something you enjoy doing. If you are not enjoying your exercise then its pretty tough to keep it up. Give lots of different things a try and see which one works for you.

With regards to eating try to find healthy foods that fill you up. Work out what triggers cause you to overeat and try and work on them. For me it was boredom so I try to find activities to do to keep me occupied.