Making Big Changes (alcohol)

Options
2»

Replies

• Sweet_Lady_4
    Sweet_Lady_4 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for all of the support! One of the main reasons it crossed my mind was that my best friend recently told me that her mom lost a significant amount of weight simply by not drinking wine anymore, it seemed too good to be true! lol
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    anything is fine in moderation and you can still lose weight.

29509743.png

I gave up drinking for Lent 2.5 years ago and did not lose a pound. It is all about tracking all you eat and drink.
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is my weakness too. I drank way too much this summer and that's the reason I gained 5 pounds. Now that school has started and I'm back on the grind, I've limited myself to only drinking one night a week (and trying not to overdue it). I think what you should do, as someone else suggested, is take a week off from drinking. This way you can see whether you truly need it and you'll probably realize that you don't- you'll be able to find other ways to help you relax. For example, after dinner every night I relax by drinking a cup or two of tea and either watching a good show or reading. Also try taking a hot shower or bath or going for a walk. You can do it! :)
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is my weakness too. I drank way too much this summer and that's the reason I gained 5 pounds. Now that school has started and I'm back on the grind, I've limited myself to only drinking one night a week (and trying not to overdue it). I think what you should do, as someone else suggested, is take a week off from drinking. This way you can see whether you truly need it and you'll probably realize that you don't- you'll be able to find other ways to help you relax. For example, after dinner every night I relax by drinking a cup or two of tea and either watching a good show or reading. Also try taking a hot shower or bath or going for a walk. You can do it! :)
  • jaimie120
    jaimie120 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My advice is; If you can't give up alcohol, you're an alcoholic.

Ouch, that was straight up.

I too love my evening glass o vino. I try to limit my consumption to one bottle a week. Much easier in the winter than summer.

If you are unable to get through the day without the wine, perhaps speak to your doctor about that. Good luck.