To the big breasted woman:

Options
I want to buy a nice, supporting bra for myself! Do you recommend anywhere? I haven't been measured in a long time, i think im a 38 DDD, I need something thats cute AND can hold up these bad boys! :happy:

Replies

• Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I like Lane Bryant bras. That's where I've purchased the majority of my bras. I've gotten a few from Victoria's Secret, but you have to order them from the website, because they don't carry DDD in the store. :grumble: They fit well, and are comfortable, but for the price and comfort, I'd rather go with Lane Bryant.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Honestly, Victoria Secret! They don't have a ton in DDD, but they have some that are very cute.... HOWEVER from your picture, I think you may be off size wise!

VS is amazing!!! I went shoppoing with a friend recently to help with her daughter. We went in there (she thought she was a DD), the woman looked at her and said, "No, No honey, you are probably hurting and are starting to have back issues because you are wearing the wrong size bra." She measured the daughter, and indeed, she was a much smaller band size and a larger cup size.... The difference in how she carried herself after putting on the new bra said it all!
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    WOOOOHOOOOO !!! Another big boob thread !!
  • dMonster01
    dMonster01 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    If you're talking sports bra.. "tata tamer" or "booby bracer" from lululemon. c - e cups.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I am bumping to find new places to shop. I also have a hard time finding pretty bras that are supportive.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    I agree with Lane Bryant and Delta Burke also has a line that are pretty sexy. They are very comfortable too!
  • FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I think Nordstoms goes up to a J cup. I buy mine at a local shop. Elomi brand bras are amazing.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    You need to make sure you are wearing a high-impact supportive sports bra, and not just a regular bra in the correct size. You can measure yourself to make sure you have the correct fit (the band size is the measurement around your rib cage under your breasts, not over them). If you want to be measured, go to a high-end bra store to have it done. Some Vicky's will do a half-*kitten* job of measuring you and it will NOT be accurate. get a good sports bra at an athletic store like TC running or someplace like that, not a lingerie store. When you are wearing the sports bra and working out, the band should sit across the middle of your back and stay there, not slide up your back, and your breasts should not bounce.
  • amypet469
    amypet469 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34 HH I can only get supportive sport bras from the specialty places. They aren't real pretty, but at least there is no jiggle. After enough Zumba jumps, pretty became less important. Mr Doctor tells me when I lose the next 20 pounds my boobs will go down, but I really think I have this set forever.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I am a large breasted woman, as well. I found some super amazing and supportive sports bras at Lane Bryant. I think they are even on sale right now; buy 1 get 1 half off :wink:
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    in the uk day to day M&S are the way to go, and i lovem y shock absorber nothing else worked quiet like it
  • odywithaj
    odywithaj Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    sports bras are usually pretty ugly.. it's a fact.. When you are trying to control that much tissue you need some pretty serious engineering.

My fav is a shock absorber brand with two clips in the back (more support)... and PLEASE go get properly fit :)

Save the cute bras for the sassy dress on date night :)
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Go here. You can measure yourself to insure you are getting the proper size. I've been buying my bras from this site for the last couple of years. I've bought 5 or 6 now and never had an issue with the sizing that was calculated for me. I am a busty girl, 34G.

http://www.lindasonline.com/bra-fitting-calculator.html

I even bought the bikini I have on in my profile pic from this site.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Honestly, Victoria Secret! They don't have a ton in DDD, but they have some that are very cute.... HOWEVER from your picture, I think you may be off size wise!

VS is amazing!!! I went shoppoing with a friend recently to help with her daughter. We went in there (she thought she was a DD), the woman looked at her and said, "No, No honey, you are probably hurting and are starting to have back issues because you are wearing the wrong size bra." She measured the daughter, and indeed, she was a much smaller band size and a larger cup size.... The difference in how she carried herself after putting on the new bra said it all!

Last time I was in Victorias Secret they did not have anything bigger than a size 34...I could not believe it. Maybe it has changed but I was really not that big...
    Ebay has some great deals. Whatever bra you decide on, come home and find it on Ebay.It will be much cheaper!
  • Fat2Fit_imready
    Fat2Fit_imready Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies!! We have VS and LB at our mall! So im going to check it out! I'll have them measure me so i can find something that actually fits!!! :bigsmile:
  • bcwaibel
    bcwaibel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was wearing the wrong size until I was 40. I'm busty but not very large, so super hard to fit. Then I went to a local lingerie shop and got measured and fitted by a professional. See went way beyond giving me the right size -- she matched me to bras for my particular build and shape. Were the bras expensive? Yes. Did they make me feel and look MUCH better? Yes. Worth EVERY PENNY. The right bra will make you comfortable and confident and take pounds off of you.It'll also last longer than a cheapo.

Once I new my true size and figured out what brands/features I liked, I starting shopping on ebay and herroom.com for replacements (new with tags). Also, believe it or not, ****s carries some large cup sizes in the store.

VS, generally, does not carry much in larger cup sizes (and most women are wearing a too-small cup), and their bras aren't very supportive for those of us who gravity has not smiled upon. Also, I have not found their sales people to be well trained on how to size.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I like Lane Bryant bras. That's where I've purchased the majority of my bras. I've gotten a few from Victoria's Secret, but you have to order them from the website, because they don't carry DDD in the store. :grumble: They fit well, and are comfortable, but for the price and comfort, I'd rather go with Lane Bryant.

Lame Bryant. That's where I get mine...38C.... comfortable enough to sleep in!
  • therealblackdahlia
    therealblackdahlia Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    I think it's a matter of trying on several in different stores to find the right one. I too like Victoria's Secret!
  • dlbaron
    dlbaron Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    every bra I own that actually fits me right (I'm a ~32E) I got from bareneccessities.com. You can search by size and they often have sales or discount codes. I have never found VS bras to fit properly, at least for me with a smaller band and larger cup size.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I'd just like to say Hooray for Boobies :-)