weight training question

Options
I am going to start weightlifting and want to follow the stronglifts guide as that program has been recommended by many as a good start. However, I only have weights that go up to 110 pounds and read that with each session I will have to keep adding 5 pounds, but if I do I will eventualt have to stop earlier because I would reach 110 in a matter of a few weeks! So I was wondering if anyone thinks it'll be ok if I follow those movements and add weight only when I feel I can lift more than 12 times? Sorry if this is a strange question!

Replies

• natashabefit
    Options
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I think that would be fine. At least that's what I am doing
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Well, before we panic and start rewriting the system why don't we do ahead and start the program, you know, as written, and then when we get to the point that we can lift 110 we'll go ahead and consider our options then.

At least that's what I would be doing
  • natashabefit
    Options
    Well, before we panic and start rewriting the system why don't we do ahead and start the program, you know, as written, and then when we get to the point that we can lift 110 we'll go ahead and consider our options then.

At least that's what I would be doing

I've tried stronglifts for almost ywo months 2 years ago or so and found it extremely hard to keep adding 5 pounds every session, which is why I stopped so early.
  • natashabefit
    Options
    Sok I guess I won't be following stronglifts to the t. I will however start the compound movements and add weight when I feel the current weight gets too easy
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I think you are getting ahead of yourself. If you do reach 5x5 at 110lbs for all of your lifts, you can join a gym or change your set/rep scheme.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Sok I guess I won't be following stronglifts to the t. I will however start the compound movements and add weight when I feel the current weight gets too easy

stormingthecastle.gif