need help, no weight loss in two weeks

Options
I need help trying to figure out why I havent lost weight these past two weeks? I've lost roughly 1 pound. Is there someone who can look at my diary and tell me what Im doing wrong? feeling slightly confused and discouraged:(

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not open.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Your diary is set to private but two weeks doesn't necessarily mean you're doing anything wrong. I go that long regularly without a loss and then lose a lot all at once. If you're worried, double check your logging and make sure you weigh and measure everything.
  • cmcalixte
    cmcalixte Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    my diary is now open
  • cmcalixte
    Options
    just made my diary open
  • covens04
    covens04 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The other question is are you eating enough? If you are and you are working out and eating so far under your calorie goal the body will hold onto the fat it has, and you won't see any results. Make sure you are getting enough to fuel your workouts! Good luck.
    Let us know if this works!
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    What is your daily calorie deficit ?
    If you lost 1 pound of fat in 2 weeks that equals a 250 calorie per day deficit.

Chances are you are eating to many calories if your actual fat loss does not match your planned fat loss
  • cheekyleonie
    cheekyleonie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    have you been gaining?
    Even though you have low calories, the quality of what you're eating isn't good.
    I think you may not actually be eating as low as you think...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Do you eat out almost every meal? While restaurants provide the guidelines, many places actually give more than the standard amount. Do you have the ability to make some food on your own?

Also, what is your height, weight, age, workout routine and do you have any medical conditions. With 22lbs to lose, 1200 calories probably isn't enough for you. At that point, 1 lb per week should be your max weight loss goal.

But first getting an accurate count of calories will be important, which is hard eating out daily.
  • cmcalixte
    Options
    I've gained .3 pounds. I try not to eat so much junk but frankly its just cheaper and more accessible to me. I dont have a car and I live in the south with no public transportation. I work at a grocery store so I try to get fresh fruits and vegetable when I can but junk just last longer. I go to school full time and work two jobs so meal preping is kind of difficult but I try when I can. Im trying to do with what I have right now
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I updated my post.. but there are plenty of recipes you can make in a short period of time. And there are plenty of foods that can be convenient. I make most of my lunch and breakfast in 15 minutes or less.
  • cmcalixte
    Options
    Im 5'6, 22 and 163 pounds. I dont work out currently but I am going to try to break a sweat at least 3 times this week and from here on out. I dont have any medical conditons that I know of. when I get paid and go grocery shopping. I will definitely try to make more meals instead of eating out because I realize I may be eating I live on campus and the we get cafe dollars that you can use at near by resturants but not at a grocery store -_- hence why im eating out so much cause I dont really have money right now. but I definitely will be trying to change that
  • cmcalixte
    Options
    * more calories than I know, Also I dont eat out every meal, I probaly eat more packaged foods than anything
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Based on your stats, even being sedentary, I would suggest 1500 calories to lose weight. Adding exercise will just increase the amount of calories you can eat and help make up for any error in logging. But in terms of logging or campus eating, I would look to increase your protein and fiber intake. Potentially, you can even talk to your food provided on campus and ask them how these foods are prepare so you can try to track them more accurately.

For buying foods, I would definitely look to eat plenty of fruits and veggies as it's easier to account for. You can also buy a food scale to ensure they are measured properly. You can still go out to eat, but maybe limit it to a few times a week. I go out 2 to 3 times a week but I also set my goal a bit lower and try to walk more often to make up for some logging errors.

BTW, 2 weeks generally is not enough time. Try things for 4 to 6 weeks before making a lot of adjustments.