"I do this because ..." I know it's crazy...

Options
majigurl
majigurl Posts: 660 Member
I add chilli powder to lots of things. Stir fries, boiled eggs, etc. I do this because I read somewhere that it might help speed metabolism.

Yes, I know, It's crazy.

There is no scientific data. None. BUT, there is no scientific data against it, per se.

So, I do it anyways ( never mind I love the taste of chilli )

What's YOUR crazy thing you do that has no basis to really a leg to stand on? Can be how you have to start off a workout, or how you end it. A diet thing or whatever.

I didn't know the right forum to put it, so I plopped this here.

Replies

• lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    I've been putting Lemon Pepper on everything!
    The tang and the heat make me very happy!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I've been putting Lemon Pepper on everything!
    The tang and the heat make me very happy!

try tajin i too am a lover of lemon pepper
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    If I've already logged my dinner and dessert, be it fruit or a cookie or ice cream or whatever...I will go ahead and eat it all at once rather than wait a couple hours to eat the "dessert". I believe it probably does NOT make a difference and everything boils down to calories in/calories out whether I stop eating at 6, 7, or 10 pm...but I figure it doesn't HURT to go ahead and stop eating earlier in the evening. So that's what I typically do.
  • Return_of_the_Big_Mac
    Options
    I eat dessert before my meal as a "F*#% YOU' to the establishment
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    i put marmite in lots of things it shouldn't be in :)

because vitamin B-12 stops you being sad? :o
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I used to point the seam of my Pro VI's at the target on drives...
  • sailingheartships
    Options
    I thought I was the only one that added chili powder to everything! :p
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I add cayenne pepper to almost everything! if the recipe dictates, i'll also add red pepper flakes. why??? because it's yummy!
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I add chilli powder to lots of things. Stir fries, boiled eggs, etc. I do this because I read somewhere that it might help speed metabolism.

Yes, I know, It's crazy.

There is no scientific data. None. BUT, there is no scientific data against it, per se.

What's YOUR crazy thing you do that has no basis to really a leg to stand on? Can be how you have to start off a workout, or how you end it. A diet thing or whatever.

I log on to MFP a lot.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to wait a couple of hours to eat dessert? I eat dinner so I CAN eat dessert. Immediately.
  • Jesmoko
    Jesmoko Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I don't stretch. And I think less of people who do, those stretchy idiots. I do pull my muscles a bit, but I'm sure that's unrelated completely.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Cayenne goes into a lot of my foods. Not because of any trick. Just because it's yum.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    You know in the summer they say don't keep salads with mayo sit out and get warm. Well because of that if I have a hamburger the mayo can't touch the meat because the warmth of the meat will make it go off.
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options

Oh my God, I love that! That is to funny! It's facism I tell ya! lol!
  • janine2355
    Options
    A lot of times I drink water with no ice and not cold because I read more than once that it's better for you and aids in digestion better, but I don't even know how true it is, but it got stuck in my head, and now I can't stop doing it
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    A lot of times I drink water with no ice and not cold because I read more than once that it's better for you and aids in digestion better, but I don't even know how true it is, but it got stuck in my head, and now I can't stop doing it

Last I heard, oh boy it was on the radio so has to be true!, is that ice cold water boosts your metabolism. It also makes your body work harder because it has to heat it up!

*cough* ;)
  • janine2355
    Options
    ohhhhh no, my world is crumbling!!!! lol!!!!! Oh jeez! Ya see, you never know, First they say its good, then they say it's bad!!! SMH:laugh:
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options

Yes, I know, It's crazy.

I log on to MFP a lot.

@OP - Chili powder in eggs is weird?!

@TXBourbon - Hahahah! <3
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options

My Great Grandpa did this.
    But his reasoning was that if he was to die in the middle of a meal, he wanted to make sure he got the best part in! :wink:

miss great Grandpop for sure.