Looking for someone to "keep me honest"!

Options
Hey All :-)

I am getting back into my calorie counting and eating healthier - after a year of being a complete slacker. I'm hoping someone else who might be doing the same thing, would be interested in being fitnesspal "friends" and keep me (and I can keep them) accountable?

I currently weigh nearly 78kg's - and am aiming for at LEAST 65kg's. This time last year I weighed 63kg :-( I need to get my act together.

I am in Australia, and as such, use the metric system for weight - but I am happy to have a buddy from anywhere! I'm a 32 year old, married, mother of 2 boys.

:-)

Leila.

Replies

• audrast
    audrast Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    While I'm always happy to have another motivated friend, I don't think anybody can keep you in line besides yourself. First and foremost, you have to set realistic targets and goals for yourself. Try to make them performance based goals so you are sure to be training your body into something you can be proud of as you move on. A number is just a number, afterall.
  • leilag82
    leilag82 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Seriously - why did you even feel the urge to reply audrast?
  • audrast
    Options
    Because too many people here like to blow sunshine up your butt while others like to be more realistic.

*Cue sunshine blowers*
  • leilag82
    Options
    I am aware of reality my dear, I just believe that it's nice to be supportive and receive support also. Can I be healthy without that? Yes, of course - but it's my prerogative to do it any way I choose. You can certainly feel free to hand out free unwanted advice elsewhere ;-)

Enjoy your day. I look forward to meeting the sunshine blowers - I'll take them over negative Nancy's any day of the week.
  • leilag82
    Options
    Thanks to the folks who have added me already! Making friends all over the globe whilst getting healthy, awesome! :-)
  • gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    WOW! What happened to MFP being a positive and SUPPORTIVE environment??? I'm much older and at maintenance, but happy to be supportive if you can't find a "friend" with similar goals.

Edited: I type too slow on tablet! Seems like you already found some friends to be SUPPORTIVE. GOOD LUCK
  • leilag82
    Options
    Hi Gail :-)

I've sent a request! I don't mind what others goals are, I just like the idea of the support network as you mentioned. :-)
  • audrast
    Options
    I never said I wouldn't be supportive to anybody and everybody on this site, I only said that only YOU can keep yourself honest. I'm sorry you took that as some sort of slight or downer. I think your decision to get healthy again is awesome and I do wish you the best of luck.
  • JDownie91
    JDownie91 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    We are in the same boat. Currently 171, goal 135! Sending a FR :)
  • leilag82
    Options
    Hi JDownie91- thanks for the add :-) I didn't even realize that MFP had a feed kind of like Facebook! I love it!
  • leilag82
    Options
    Thanks audrast
  • Samalamxo
    Options
    Leilag82, Hi! I will be a adding you! I try to be as active as I can on MFP but I definitely forget some days (oops)

I've ALSO fallen of the wagon recently...I've been ON and OFF the wagon for a while haha. It happens!

I'm definitely NOT a clean eater. I'm a foodie at heart! I make the best and healthiest choices I can but I refuse to deprive myself :-) If I really want some ice cream, I will have it. Either I will fit it into my caloric intake for the day...or work it off...OR enjoy it and work a little harder the next day.
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    hey! I just recently recommitted to this journey, I know how you feel. around this time last year I was down to my lowest weight at 215 (my goal weight is 175ish) and I jumped allll the way back up to 250ish. my highest was 271, and now I'm at 232. I'm hoping to get below my lowest by my birthday in December!! anyone can add me if you'd like :) my diary is always open
  • leilag82
    Options
    Hi Samalamxo!
    I need to get back into being active too! I moved house in march, and stopped running due to the area not being as safe... BUT - helloooooo Leila... there are other options aside from running from my house. I have definitely been making excuse after excuse (to myself). Time for me to stop with excuses and get back into it! ????
  • leilag82
    Options
    Hi Zericaaaa
    I've sent you a request :-)
  • Leigh269
    Options
    Hi - would love to be MFP friends as well. I just got back on this site and haven't any support on here yet. I am at 172 and would like to be 130. I am 57 this month and have gained 30 pounds in the past two years. I started living with my boyfriend (not his fault but I still like to blame him:) and basically went to pot. I am fed up with being so over weight and sluggish! I live in Arizona and have relatives in Australia. We can do this!!!
  • leilag82
    Options
    Hi Leigh269!

I am totally ok with blaming the boyfriend. I blame my husband all the time :-P Haha, he's actually pretty great at being supportive when I am being healthy, although he doesn't like most of the healthy food I cook, which means I usually make food for me and food for hubby and kids separate. This definitely makes willpower necessary o.O

We can SO do this! I have sent you a friend request!
  • 40more2goal
    Options
    Wow, talk about a Debbie Downer posting up there, hahaha

Never mind all that girl! I can help support and give motivation. And "sunshine blowers" too, LOL
    FR sent :wink:

73502439.png