2nd job waitressing

Options
Ok so i have picked up a 2nd job waitressing at Friendlys, i am a nurse during the day so i can bring food to work and cook it and i can eat really healthy, but at night while i am working i have t make good choices off of the menu there...

any ideas????? on what i could do for dinners there?

Replies

• kmcnamara
    Options
    Ok so i have picked up a 2nd job waitressing at Friendlys, i am a nurse during the day so i can bring food to work and cook it and i can eat really healthy, but at night while i am working i have t make good choices off of the menu there...

any ideas????? on what i could do for dinners there?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    What kind of restaurant is Friendlys? :smile:
  • DownSizin
    DownSizin Posts: 150
    Options
    I don't know what kind of food is served there, but anything grilled; stay away from the bread, potatoes or rice if they serve that. Good luck! :smile:
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I found this link for Friendly's menu info - I believe you can navigate the site for nutrition menu too.

http://www.friendlys.com

I would say - go with the salad and RUN FAST by the ice cream :laugh:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Salad with grilled chicken or salmon. Get creative! When I waitresseed, I was able to coherce the cooks into making "specialty" items. I would bring them in cookies to sweeten the deal (pun intended!). I always drank plenty of water or non-sweet tea to curb my cravings of those yummy entrees flying by my nose, too. Can you bring yogurt or baby carrots to munch on? Sometimes I would make a tomato salad with onions and evoo and pepper. yum! If you can't alter the menu, just ask for sauces and such on the side, or 86 the cheeses.

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    If they have a salad bar you can use some of the veggies to make stirfry. Just go easy on the soysauce or use reduced salt sauce. It is amazing the kinds of things you can make with the available ingrediants
  • jamdblake4
    jamdblake4 Posts: 179
    Options
    Can I get three scoops with choclate sauce whipped cream chopped nuts and don't forget the cherry on top. PLEASE.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I know my waitress friends have the hardest time finding healthy foods to eat at work, especially with tempting menus. I'd say salads and special orders from the cooks. I'm sure they can accomodate, and wouldn't mind helping out if you tell them you are trying to eat healthier. Some of the cooks may welcome the opportunity to cook something off the menu with a healthy twist.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    What kind of restaurant is Friendlys? :smile:

Its a chain based mostly in the Northeast started in Springfield MA

Its delicious but bad for you.

Id say stick to salads and grilled chicken,
    and a hint about the ice cream, they use fattier/creamier ingredients, which is why it tastes better.
    I have a friend who did his senior engineering project as a flow manager at their main ice cream plant.
  • robynlee
    robynlee Posts: 13
    Options
    most restuarants will serve up a normal side salad as a meal.
    I always went in to the kitchen when i worked and told them what veggies I like the most and to put lots in my salad.. then you just have to carefully choose the dressing
    BUT salads taste so much better when you don't have to chop up the veggies yourself :)
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    mmmm I love friendly's ice cream...thanks for the heads up there MJ! yikes!

I think salad w/ grilled chicken, even a burger would be fine...just fit in into your cals...the hard part for me would be to stay away from the ice cream (and fries)...but i bet that gets sort of sickening being around it a lot.....

also for snacks do a fruit cup or pack some goodies from home...like plums or an apple....

or how about a nice peanut butter sandwich:wink:

I'd stay away from the soups and melts they have a lot of sodium and if they put extra fat in the ice cream I'm bettin they use extra salt to make it taste OMG so good!

hugs and best of luck!
    Ali :drinker:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    yea, they are pretty liberal with all of their ingredients.
    They do make top quality ice cream though, they dont cheap out on cream and sugar.
    Their melts are probably the biggest offenders with all that cheese
  • ali106
    Options
    yea, they are pretty liberal with all of their ingredients.
    They do make top quality ice cream though, they dont cheap out on cream and sugar.
    Their melts are probably the biggest offenders with all that cheese

okay now I'm totally craving a melt w/ a nice big mint chocolate chip ice cream covered w/ jimmies....sigh!!! think salad Ali...THINK SALAD!:ohwell:
  • ali106
    Options
    I guess I REALLY want those things LMBO
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Back away from the Fribbles! LOL. Ahh, Chicken (minus the bulky rolls), any veggies, salad (minus the salad dressing, or on the side at least), things like that, grilled or baked, no fries or rings... Baked potato if yours has them
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Know how your feeling :explode: I run a fast food place. That's how I got the way I am. You will find that being around it all day you won't est as much as you think. The thought of eating another burger and fries is just not appetizing anymore. We serve chicken grills and salads I stick to those and bring stuff from home to supplement. I get all my food free but it's not free to me anymore. Good luck with your new job.
  • kmcnamara
    Options
    its like a family owned homestyle, basically serves everything.... alot of icecream too!
  • kmcnamara
    Options
    ok thanks for the suggestion!
  • kmcnamara
    Options
    haha will do! thanks for the suggestions!