Are you a confrontational person in real life?

Options
Tanie98
Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
I avoid confrontation like the plague. I remember when I was in high school, there was this girl who was very confrontational and every week she was getting into arguments with other people and get into their face. However, they was a time when she said a remark that I didn't agree with torwards or look at me at the wrong way and just generally have an air about her that lets me know they want to fight with me and I would just ignore it since I knew that if I talk back then it would just lead into pissing match which I wouldn't want. I just feel like silence is a powerful weapon sometimes. I just hate drama and arguing when its not necessary .Is anyone the same way?

Replies

• Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Run-on sentences scare me a little.

I'm just going to go now.
  • Bageeeta
    Bageeeta Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Wow! that was pretty confrontational. Geeeezzz :)
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I choose my battles.
  • Jojomotivated
    Jojomotivated Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    xD I'm so non-confrontational that it's kinda sad.
  • _BlueGreyGreen_
    _BlueGreyGreen_ Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    If anyone says I'm confrontational I get in their face and tear their throat out...only because I'm not of course
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    I'm very argumentative! I'm all about standing up for my Brothers and Sisters out there and lets just say that at Church, I'm very controversial. Take me or leave me, I am what I am! :smile:
  • SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Only my other personality is. He takes care of all the fighting, adrenaline and sex drive urges, while "i" am in university earning my doctorate in medical chemistry.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt call it confrontational, but i definitely speak up for myself. as a kid it either got me out of spankings and punishments or it made the spankings and punishments worse for being "fresh and sassy" :laugh:
  • breesie11
    breesie11 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    I don't seek it out and do what I can to avoid it, but if someone confronts me I won't take their crap. Plus, I know I'm always right anyway :wink:
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    I don't seek it out and do what I can to avoid it, but if someone confronts me I won't take their crap. Plus, I know I'm always right anyway :wink:

Thats what I do.. Especially the always right part :laugh:
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    When I have to be.
  • mrfreestyle
    mrfreestyle Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid confrontation as much as I can. Like you, I largely ignore someone who tries to start a confrontation with me.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Definitely Not. I am definitely not the one to initiate a confrontation. Unless it involves one of my daughters or my wife, I normally avoid confrontation. However, once initiated, I'm pretty difficult to deal with.
  • _SoundWave_
    _SoundWave_ Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I don't seek it out however I'm more than capable of defending myself should the occasion arise, unfortunately its one of these things that just happen. I'd rather be the lion than the mouse.....
  • swaistle
    swaistle Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Depends entirely on the situation. If I wanna get to the bottom of something, yes. But say in your situation, I'd probably avoid majority of the time. Unless it got to a boiling point where I would be like "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM" haha :)
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I have to be completely fired up to be confrontational... Otherwise, I would much rather walk away.
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    No, I hate it.

But when I need to be, I can be.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely no problem being confrontational when it is called for, even for little things. However, I don't run around confronting everyone about everything. That's just being an a-hole.
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    For me, it depends on what the confrontation is about. With petty arguments and minuscule differences of opinion I'll suggest the "agree to disagree" approach to diffuse the situation. However, if someone continues to stir their ladle in a pot that I've already made clear is near boiling point, they're probably going to get scalded.
  • ghurl7
    ghurl7 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i don't seek it either ... but when situation requires it ... then i do my thing ... but i don't seek it ...