slendertone and the like

traceytoo
traceytoo Posts: 163
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
not sure if this is the right forum for this but ... slendertone and the like .. do they really work or are they a waste of money .. answers on a postcard please.

I'd buy one if I thought they worked ..... :laugh:

txx:laugh:

Replies

• lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    My sister bought one a while ago, which I used once just to try out! Those things are weird! It takes about 5 minutes to get used to the "shocks"!

TBH, my sis didn;t notice a difference, but she only used it for a week! It's maybe be worth looking online to see if there are any reviews available and it'd give you a better idea!
  • Save your money if it's for abs! I have a Slendertone but my tummy is so big/thick/fluffy that I really have to turn up the shocks to get it to contract the muscles which ends up being sort of painful. It's really good for arms and legs though because there's less fat for it to penetrate through. I also like to lay it on my shoulders and get a free massage. I think it works best for abs if you're already pretty slim.
  • jenblwr
    jenblwr Posts: 53
    I've got an abs one and have used it on an off for months...never seen any results - maybe once I've shifted a bit more of the covering fat I'll notice it...I think they only work if you don't have any fat to shift and just need to tone up the muscles, cos obviously they don't do anything to burn away the fat layer over the muscle.
This discussion has been closed.