SO today a client told me that i am gone FAT :(((((((

Options
I was busy drinking my green tea at work today when a client that i have not seen for over 3 months came into the offices today and told me straight out on my face before even saying hello, that I am gone fat and that my face is round now. I didnt know how to react or what to say next but all i said was yeah stress makes me eat. I feel defeated because someone has actually acknowledged that i have gained weight. The word "fat" is stuck in my head now. I am trying so hard to lose this weight ,its been 5 months into gym and i have not lost anything, i am beyond devestated. My smaller sized clothing no longer fits me, i feel like a giant whale. I dont get it, i work out like 5/6 times a week and i eat most than i did before i started gyming again but i have not lost a single kilogram. I am at my highest weight ever. I thought by now I would be 5 kilograms down and our summer is 2 months away. i cant wait forever to lose this weight it is taking me so long and i do not know why. I look fat in the mirror and although i have gained some muscle i look bigger than before. I never thought my small frame would gain so much of weight. I work hard at gym and it seems like im working hard for nothing. I feel defeated and i dont have any thyroid/health issues that could be contributing to this what is worse is that i have a function to attend in december and i will not go if i am still so fat by then.

Replies

• michelle857000
    Options
    Hi, It may be that you are exercising too much, I’m sure I read somewhere that muscle mass weighs more than fat. You may not be losing pounds but may be losing inches. Maybe you should go by your measurements rather than weight?

As for the client – that was downright rude, regardless if someone has noticeably gained weight you don’t point it out and embarrass them, I can joke and mention to family and friends if either of us have gained weight but in a professional environment it is an absolute disgrace and I would be making a formal complaint If I were you – No one goes to work to be insulted and have their feelings hurt.

If your measurements have not gone gown then clearly what you are doing is not working for you, as everyone is different you need to find a regime that works for you – Please do not give up, I know it’s a struggle but things that are worth it are never easy, I wish you the best of luck 
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    How tall are you and what is your current weight?
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    never mind the client, have you talked to the people at the gym about your concerns on your progress?
    They have witnessed you in the past 5 months, and that's what they are there for!
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options

I think the same as above.
    The measurement thing sounds like a good idea.

I have plateaued and slowed my weight loss recently.
    Sometimes my own thinking just wants me to fail. I can say that what keeps me going is that giving up and eating like a mad woman isn't going to fix anything.

Weigh and measure your food keep a record, I try and reflect over what I am doing.
    Don't be to hard on yourself.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Have you been weighing your food? I found that when I eye-balled it I didn't lose. I bought a scale and really measured, and that helped to start losing the weight. That was so rude of your client, sorry you had to hear that thoughtless comment. Seems that some people have their brains in their *kitten*. Think how good it's going to feel when you lose and the thoughtless jerk is speechless. You can do it, don't give up.:flowerforyou:
  • mbbseb
    mbbseb Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow your story sounds so familiar. How old are you? I'm 48, I do drink beer on my weekends which BTW I'm staying dry for September so I will see if that's what is holding me back. Weight watchers use to tell us if we stop loosing weight pull out your measuring cups and spoons to make sure you are tracking everything correctly.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    Options
    Are you consistently and accurately logging?
    And still not losing fat @ a calorie deficit?
    Drop calories by another 100-150 per day. Report back in 3 weeks.

Still no loss? Then if you're adamant your logging properly it's time for a conversation with the doctor.
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your food? Exercise alone will not make you lose weight. You need to evaluate what you are eating and make sure you are not overeating and/or not eating enough.
  • cleopatra07
    Options

I am 1.54 metres tall and now weigh a whooping 60kgs!!! Never in my life have i been this weight and so big :((( I used to weigh like 50/51 kgs which was a comfortable weight for me
  • cleopatra07
    Options
    Have you been weighing your food? I found that when I eye-balled it I didn't lose. I bought a scale and really measured, and that helped to start losing the weight. That was so rude of your client, sorry you had to hear that thoughtless comment. Seems that some people have their brains in their *kitten*. Think how good it's going to feel when you lose and the thoughtless jerk is speechless. You can do it, don't give up.:flowerforyou:

Thank you and i do weigh my food, every morning i step on the scale and i never lose anything...its like im stuck on 60kgs the heaviest i ever been :( I wish i could show people and myself that i have lost weight but it doesnt seem to want to go
  • cleopatra07
    Options
    Wow your story sounds so familiar. How old are you? I'm 48, I do drink beer on my weekends which BTW I'm staying dry for September so I will see if that's what is holding me back. Weight watchers use to tell us if we stop loosing weight pull out your measuring cups and spoons to make sure you are tracking everything correctly.

I am 28 years old. I feel so defeated this is 5 months now and have not lost anything and i dont drink beers .. :(
  • cleopatra07
    Options
    Are you tracking your food? Exercise alone will not make you lose weight. You need to evaluate what you are eating and make sure you are not overeating and/or not eating enough.

Yes in fact i am tracking my food on MPF
  • epazia
    epazia Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    your 5'5 and 130 lbs in my mind that would be perfect but I am not you. Are you doing strength training? maybe your body just wants you to change up your routine try something different at the gym?
  • AndyCool22
    AndyCool22 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    so i have some software called calorieking and it suggested you eat 1209 calories a day, and your ideal range for your height would be 47-60kg, so right smack dab in the middle would be 53.5. you're right on the top edge of ideal weight, so don't stress over it! Eat right, drink plenty of water, and keep exercising regularly! =)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options

I am 1.54 metres tall and now weigh a whooping 60kgs!!! Never in my life have i been this weight and so big :((( I used to weigh like 50/51 kgs which was a comfortable weight for me

60 kgs is 132lbs...1.54 m is approx 5ft right? at that rate of going you are not heavy for your height.
    I'm only 5ft 3" and slim at 135lbs (approx 61kgs)
    whoever told you you'd gone fat obviously needed specs??
    don't let someones rude remark make you feel bad, rise above it and IF you don't feel happy with how you look, do something about it - MFP is the right place to find the tools for success.
    Wishing you all the best in your journey :)
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options

You being roughly 5'5" and approximately 132 lbs is not fat or overweight. Your client is a poopoohead and has no idea what they're talking about. :flowerforyou:
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options

In an older post you say you are 158cm tall...not that it matters 60kgs at either weight is not overweight.

While you are used to a lesser weight, you need to put your current weight into perspective....it is not a whooping/whopping weight at all for your height, and anyone who calls you fat is clearly mistaken.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options

Thank you and i do weigh my food, every morning i step on the scale and i never lose anything...its like im stuck on 60kgs the heaviest i ever been :( I wish i could show people and myself that i have lost weight but it doesnt seem to want to go

sounds like you are eating at your personal maintenance calories if the scale is not moving. try dropping the calories by a couple hundred and/or up the intensity and/or time you exercise. Come back to us in a month and let us know how you are doing. Its all about trial and error and finding what works. The online calculators for eating a set amount of calories are only estimators. Each individual is different so you could be off by just a few hundred. You could also be overestimating how many calories you are truly burning in a day. Stay patient and motivated. ITs not a race. Good luck sweetie. :flowerforyou:
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options

You being roughly 5'5" and approximately 132 lbs is not fat or overweight. Your client is a poopoohead and has no idea what they're talking about. :flowerforyou:

dang it.. I am the same height and would kill for that weight. I also know for a fact that any smaller than 130's is way too thin looking on me. you are perfect. how aobut you focus more on resistance training and muscle toning instead of trying to show off some bones. You are a PERFECT weight honey.