Stick with it

Hello everyone!

I've been logging for 45 days straight (longest stretch for me... Yay!) and I'm honestly so thrilled with my results, overall healthy feeling and ability to NOT crave unhealthy/junk food.

I've been using the fitbit which has helped with my activity and not feeling guilty if I don't fit a workout in... Still burning calories being a full-time working mom. My eating habits have improved dramatically! I've always known what I should eat just wasn't diligent about making the best choices.

My biggest fear is not sticking with this. I've had a very positive mindset since I started logging and I don't want it to end! What do you all tell yourself to keep the motivation going? I feel like I need to hear from people that have kept logging for a long time and what strategies they used that helped them be consistent. Thanks :)

Replies

• I literally want to know the same thing. I have been on and off for years! I just want to stick with it...I want to make a life change. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • fluffygrump
    fluffygrump Posts: 12 Member
    I'm not an authority on sticking with it, but I came across a quote that's been sticking with me and that I think about when I find myself tempted to fall into familiar patterns...

If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results.

I think this is profound because I am prone to giving up at the first sign of 'lack of results' (which may not even be the case, just one form of measurement has stopped giving me the feedback I want) Whereas if my focus was on changing my eating habits, changing my exercise habits - those things would stick. They have good and merit all on their own. There are many non-scale victories to be had! There are changes happening that I cannot perceive. So, my goal this time is change. Moreover, if I do not change, things will only get worse.

Hope this helps you too! :flowerforyou:
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    I just fell off for about 2 weeks but am back now. I don't beat myself up or worry about what happened in those two prior weeks. One thing that helps is buying a new toy( fitness related like a weight or workout clothes) or finding a new phone app to play with or a new fitness activity like a community Zumba class.