Replies

• marksniles
    marksniles Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just started today. Brutal!
  • lauralea42
    lauralea42 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday after finishing T25. So far the first two workouts went rather well. Total Synergistics was a blast, Agility X was good, but I didn't know the moves initially. I expect a better workout next week. Just finished 10 weeks of T25, took last week off to recover.

Feel free to add me to discuss P90X3 or T25.

I have to start Beta this week on T25, and then I play on doing P90x3. I am hoping I will be able to keep up with P90x3. At first Alpha wore me out. I would finish the workouts, but had to take 1 minute breaks on a couple of the workouts like Total Body Circuit and Cardio. Not sure how much harder Beta is going to be. Was it a lot harder or about the same? I really need to work on my lower body more than my upper. I will be do that seperately though with weight lifting and strength training. Hoping P90x3 is not going to be to difficult for me.
  • lauralea42
    Options
    My husband and I bought the p90x3 workout as soon as it came out. He is halfway through his second cycle (so day 135 ish I guess?) and loves it! I hurt my lower back during Agility X around day 75... I just can't do the intense jumps they have you do at the very end of the workout. Besides that though, we both love it. While I didn't notice a ton of weight loss (it has been summer and we have probably been drinking too much at the lake every weekend) I have noticed that my upper body strength has improved greatly and he has become much more defined in his arms back and chest.
    On "The Challenge" days I go to the gym and use the pull-up assist machine there and have noticed that, while I am still not able to do any pull ups all on my own, I can now pull up about 90% of my weight, whereas when I started I could only do about 50%, so that's been a fantastic improvement. I am also a runner and have noticed that my speed has increased naturally, just from my legs being stronger in new ways (I usually focus more on distance than speed).

In conclusion, I am re-starting it, as of yesterday, but taking it easy on some of the plyo exercises that might re-injure my lower back. Additionally I have been running a few days a week to keep my endurance up.

I have both a bad elbow that I fracture a year ago, and bad knee that I just recently hurt while doing lunges. Is this going to be really hard on both of them?
  • lauralea42
    Options
    Just started P90X3 on Monday 07-29-14, coming off from Body Beast. Quite a change here, not real sure how I feel about it.

I am looking at both of these trying to figure out which one to buy. Which would you recommend? I am not sure I will be able to do a pull up. My arms just are not that strong. Especially with a bad elbow.
  • alicewoman1
    alicewoman1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday with p90x3 :)
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have both a bad elbow that I fracture a year ago, and bad knee that I just recently hurt while doing lunges. Is this going to be really hard on both of them?
    I am looking at both of these trying to figure out which one to buy. Which would you recommend? I am not sure I will be able to do a pull up. My arms just are not that strong. Especially with a bad elbow.

I am in my second week of Block 3 of p90x3.

My knee started bothering me after about 2-3 weeks of Block 1. My sister is a physical therapist, and she showed me how to tape my knee w/ kinesio (sp?) tape, which I thought was going to be a lot of hooey, but it really helped. She said it was my IT band.

With taping, I was able to get through the blocks without too much trouble. I had to really be careful w/ the agility/plyo stuff, modifying liberally. After a while, my legs were gettting a lot stronger and my knee quit hurting. I'm just really mindful of it during workouts that do a lot of squats/lunges/other lower body.

I am still way too heavy for pull-ups, so I use an exercise band looped over the pull-up bar. I can do 2 pull-ups with a pull-up assist band (different from regular exercise band), but that's really not enough to be effective with the workouts. I just looked for the "heaviest" band I could find. It works pretty well for me. One of my fitness goals is to eventually be able to do them without assistance :)
  • bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Also posted this in the P90X3 group.

Finished Power 90 a week ago.

Starting P90X3 tomorrow.

Any friends doing P90X3 would be great!! From watching the first I think I'm going to need all the support I can get. :-) :-)

How did your first few days go?

I'm currently in transition week, and it's a nice change of pace.

Did pretty well first few days. Still going strong after 2 1/2 weeks. Turns out that I liked the Yoga better than I thought I would but probably enjoy the the Warrior the most.

I will be in transition next week. Looking forward to some new stuff.
  • robert5891
    Options
    I just finished up my 2nd consecutive round of X3 last week (did the Elite block both times). I loved the program and it was a nice change of pace from the X and X2 workouts I had been doing. You will love the program. I'm now onto the Body Beast program this week. Send me a message if you have any program specific questions, and I would love to help you out in any way possible.
  • yummummum
    yummummum Posts: 257
    Options
    I am interested in this but not sure if I will be motivated to do it at home! I always have had best results by getting in a routine going to the gym. But I have kids at home that are interested in working out too and I feel like I should try something new that they could benefit from both seeing me and joining me. I am trying to get a sense of what the program is like before I purchase it!

Is this the best one to start with?