Lactose Intollerant and meeting calorie goal

Options
Being lactose intollerant I am reduced to eating veggies, fruit and lean meats. I am finding out that its really hard to meet my calorie goal each day because I simply cant have the yogurt, cheeses and milk etc to fill in my calories like most people suggest. I am either gonna have to eat more meats or simply cut my workout down A LOT! Its also hard to find recipes that are dairy free and do not use soy. I don't know what to do any suggestions?

Replies

• Caffeinewitch
    Caffeinewitch Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Nuts, avacados, bacon.. .there's always room for bacon....
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely nuts, and peanut butter! :smile:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat more food, just eat food that is more calorie dense.
    Try soy products (milk, cheese etc), you can have high cal versions of these foods, also try eating nuts or seeds as a snack, dehydrated fruit, add nut butters to your day, eat full fat versions of things (i.e. salad dressings) Add olive oil to soups and sauces, add avocado to salads and sandwiches. Have 1 glass of juice instead of 1 glass of water.

Again you don't have to eat more food just make different food choices if you are having trouble eating enough calories
  • naomihandler
    naomihandler Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Can you have almond or soy milk? Also my parents don't do dairy and my dad loves the soy yogurt.
  • mlloos
    mlloos Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I use Lactaid milk, that's the brand name. It's in the refrigerated section near the other milk. It works as a great milk substitute and I like it much better than soy or almond milks. My cats like it, too.
  • Sis73
    Sis73 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Im not a milk drinker and never cared for yogurt even way before I became intollerant. I have tried some soy products and a tiny portion I can eat.