Hello, any other low-carbers?

Options
Hello all! I am just wondering if there are any other people on here who are also doing a lower carb diet? It seems to be what works the best for me. I could really use the support of others who are in the same boat. I have 66 pouds to lose!!

Replies

• Henry1997
    Options
    Hi there - I am! Been doing Atkins (not v religiously I must admit) for the last 3 weeks and have lost 6lbs so far. Only another 56 or thereabouts to go...!

How are you getting along?
  • autumntia
    autumntia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    ME! I hate the no/low carb thing, but it does work. I am about to start incorporating a small amount of complex carbs into my diet now....I just cannot do this much longer I have been doing it for a month....
  • suprjewels
    Options
    I lost 35 on it years ago then got pregnant again. I've restarted it as of yesterday. So I'd love any support that is out there and am willing to give it in return. I'm adding strength and cardio to it. What are you doing for a physical fitness part?
  • SalsaFaye1983
    Options
    Yep - i'm trying to keep carbs low. Used to be strict on the South Beach diet - some others here are trying that so maybe keep an eye out for some of the recipes etc. I'm not avoiding ALL the carbs all the time but am trying not to have too many!
  • franic1017
    franic1017 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm doing the lower carb diet. I was on atkins about 3 months ago and dropped 12 pounds very quickly...then came the holidays and I put 10+ back on. I joined MFP and am watching calories and carbs. They require more carbs than I actually take in...the low carb seems to work best for me and it's easy. On atkins I was eating more fat than what this site will allow. I will give MFP and calories 1 month and compare my results. If not, I'm going back to my old ways of low carb living. I'll be glad to share any info I have with you. Feel free to give me a friend add if you would like. Best of luck to us all on this journey for losing weight and better health.
  • skinnyjay12
    skinnyjay12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi - in the past I have done with Charles Clark diet (book avail on amazon) - this is a low carb diet - it REALLY works - but as a word of advise though - watch what youse are doing as your body needs carbs and you cannot do this for a long period - but a quick fix is fine to get you on track xx
  • annaleigh7
    Options
    i did low carb to get ready for my wedding and my husband and i were very successful. after baby #2 i slowly worked my way back to low carb but it hasnt been as easy with 2 kids (2 1.2 years and 14 months) which is why i am trying this online program as well. hoping for some extra motivation. plus i hate exercising. but yes low carb worked amazingly well.
  • So_Um_Yeah
    So_Um_Yeah Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm on low carbs! I have PCOS, so its really tho only thing that works or has ever worked for me. I tried (unsuccessfully) to lose weight for so long and then when I found out about the PCOS, it all just clicked. I've been doing it for almost five months, and although I hate it, I love the results I'm getting from it. You should add me and we can share tips! :smile:
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I generally try to stick to low carb low fat, but I do allow fruits and veggies with pretty much reckless abandon. :smile:

I try to allow 1 grain serving a day and keep the rest of my carbs as beans and fruits/veggies. I keep it under 200g a day, and keep fat under 50g a day. I aim for 140+g of protein a day. I eat a lot of yogurt, nuts, beans, protein shakes, eggs, tuna, other fish, and lean meats. I can't do a diet where anything is cut out completely or I will end up binging on the "bad" stuff and sabotaging myself, but I am OK with limiting. I LOVE South Beach phase 2, I feel like it is really healthy and balanced and doable. You might consider looking into that! Also, my favorite cookbook is The Sugar Solution which has a lot of low carb, low GI recipes that are yummy.
  • suprjewels
    Options
    I'm on low carbs! I have PCOS, so its really tho only thing that works or has ever worked for me. I tried (unsuccessfully) to lose weight for so long and then when I found out about the PCOS, it all just clicked. I've been doing it for almost five months, and although I hate it, I love the results I'm getting from it. You should add me and we can share tips! :smile:

I have PCOS too! it is the only thing that I"ve found that works as well. calorie counting just doesn't work for me as much as I've tried to make it work! I love carbs! ;)
  • hchristine
    Options
    I have been doing my own form of Atkins since August of 2010. It's the only diet that I have been able to stick with long term. I am still not tired of it, and have lost 61 pounds! It has really helped me get all the junk out of my diet and I don't miss it (most of the time..lol). I have tried other diets like Weight Watchers, but if I can have small portions of something I will rationalize just a little bit more :) I am sure it's not for everyone, but I can't say enough good things about it. I will add you...feel free to ask me any questions you might have!