Lunch?

Options
What do you eat for lunch if you don't eat leftovers?

Replies

• pkbpkb
    Options
    I always keep a package of Columbus brand turkey breast in the fridge or tuna in the pantry along with baby spinach. That is my "go-to" lunch salad if I have no leftoevers. I top it with EVOO and balsamic.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options

Salads with meat/cheese, sandwiches, eggs, whatever strikes my fancy given that I am home during the day currently. When in school/work, I pack a yogurt/protein powder/berry combo, veg, pitas(as sandwich) etc
  • overzoelous
    overzoelous Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I like a salad with hummus/pita chips and fruit!
  • alamarana2885
    alamarana2885 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    if i'm feeling lazy then i go to the market and get a kale salad from their salad bar. if i'm feeling a little less lazy i tend to have tuna salad with sugar snap peas (i dip them in the salad), a hard boiled egg and some sort of fruit. i got a bento box for my lunches and i just stuff that thing up. i'm going on the low carb side so i try to stay away from bread, crackers and the like (they're oh so yummy, but make me feel icky).

i'm interested to see other people's lunches as well. if it's not left overs or what i listed above i get kinda stuck. and lets face it, one can only eat tuna salad so many days in a row before they get bored and eat something they shouldn't.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I hardly have leftovers so every lunch is it's own meal! Does depend on the weather though...summer tends to be huge salads with tuna or chicken or sometimes quiche. Winter more soups, sandwiches, cheese on toast, srambled eggs on toast. If I'm in the office then I'll generally make something with pasta.
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    We got skinless chick brest on sale and I took two and boiled them, cut them up and make chicken noodle soup. I will eat this for lunch the next three days. It is really good.
    onions, carrots, egg noodles, pepper, sage, thime, celery, yum.
    I like some corn but did not do it this time, sometimes I will add some rice.
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options

Salads with meat/cheese, sandwiches, eggs, whatever strikes my fancy given that I am home during the day currently. When in school/work, I pack a yogurt/protein powder/berry combo, veg, pitas(as sandwich) etc

I'm trying to get ideas because nothing seems to strike my fancy at all!! Lunch is the most miserable meal for me. :( Any "recipes" like what exactly do you put in your pitas? I have to pack a lunch for school, but I have a fridge, microwave, and toaster oven at my disposal.
  • oldmandee
    oldmandee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I start with a base of 2 mini cucumbers, a large pepper (any colour), green onion and a tomato all chopped up. A bit of salt, pepper and red wine vinegar. From there I add whatever I'm in the mood for ... cheese, tuna, salmon, chick peas. Leftover steak or chicken or steak is good as well ... in case you do have leftovers :)
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    My wife owns a restaurant; days she's working I get a sandwich (like today, delicious ham on bread they bake there). Other days, left to my own devices, I prefer to cook (I work from home). Usually some kind of chicken and veg, or make a sandwich myself, or BBQ something on the grill.

I hate leftovers. The only leftover I'll eat is pizza or cold chicken.
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    Today I had a wholemeal pitta stuffed with salad, bell peppers, onion, cucumber and chicken and a little bit of mayo for 280 cals. It was so unbelievably nom!
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    today i had tomato soup with Catelli Smart macaroni, and some salt and vinegar goldfish crackers. I get stuck with lunches sometimes too!
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I batch cook 3 bean chilli and chickpea & chiroz casserole and take it in with me to work I normally have it with Quona and rocket.

I generally can eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch as long as I change things up for dinner. :)
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I batch cook 3 bean chilli and chickpea & chiroz casserole and take it in with me to work I normally have it with Quona and rocket.

Recipe!?
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Flat out bread (90 cal), spread about 2 tbsp hummus, a handful of spinach, turkey (or whichever lunch meat you choose....2 slices?), tomato and cucumber.....roll it up and super yummy lunch with very little calories!
  • bigsistruck
    bigsistruck Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Veggie burger (no bun), a banana and Dannon Light n Fit yogurt. Lots of protein and potassium in my lunch!
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Mornings are extremely hectic in my house. Feeding the 2 year old who can't decide what he wants in his oatmeal or who must have the Thomas spoon even if its dirty, convincing the 3rd grader to get out of bed, making lunches for the kiddos, showers, dressing, and keeping everyone from fighting, all while getting out of the house in time to go to the gym before work. So- lately my lunches have been of easy-pack, no-fuss convenience. Which works because the nice days are fading and I like to spend my lunches outdoors. My go-to lately has been 7 triscuits, 2 wedges of light laughing cow cheese wedges, a few dried apricots (first three all put together as a delicious sandwich), 100 calorie portions of almonds, a few cherry tomatoes, and a yogurt of choice. The sheer variety and proteins all make me feel pretty full and there's no prep involved. All ready to go to the park for lunch or quick to eat before heading out for a noon time walk. Sometimes I'll substitute in lean beef jerky or a babybel cheese, or one of the small packs of tuna, or blueberries or raspberries in place of the apricots. Its like a buffet in my lunchbag for usually under 400 calories.
  • eddamyts
    eddamyts Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I make a big pot of veggie miso soup on a Sunday and eat it every day. Then I throw in some protein in the form of some kind of bean (rinsed of course) - kidney, black, chic, etc. etc. Automation works well for me.
  • stacshelb
    stacshelb Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese with fresh fruit
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal!
    theoatmealartist.com
  • phofilled
    Options
    I'm trying to get ideas because nothing seems to strike my fancy at all!! Lunch is the most miserable meal for me. :( Any "recipes" like what exactly do you put in your pitas? I have to pack a lunch for school, but I have a fridge, microwave, and toaster oven at my disposal.

^^ I was literally just saying the same to myself. Lunch is crazy boring and I hate salads. I had a tuna packet on a bed of spinach with some sliced olives. Literally drove me crazy eating it. Lunch is THE WORST. Anyway..

I've been doing a lot of "grown-up" lunchables: Low-sodium turkey slices rolled up individually, cheese cubes, sugar snap peas, broccoli with yogurt dip, grapes, etc.