My journey so far....100 lbs down.

Options
I reached a milestone today. I've officially lost 100 lbs. 101.5 actually. As a dear MFP friend pointed out, I didn't just hit the 100 lb lost mark, I blew right past it.

I'm not gonna bore anyone with my life story or the excuses I used to justify why I weighed over 300 lbs. Eventually I saw my life for what it was and the downward direction it was going to continue to take and decided enough was enough. I started paying attention to what was going into my mouth and I stopped sitting around on my butt feeling sorry for myself. That's all it's taken to get me this far and I know that's all it's gonna take to get me even farther. Get up, eat less, move more, go to bed, repeat.

I'm afraid I don't have a lot of pictures of me at 310 pounds. I dug around and came up with the best one I could find. I'm in a size 24x winter coat but it should still give you a basic idea. I'm now a size 14. To be honest, I still don't notice a whole heck of a lot of difference when I look in a mirror. Photos help me see a little bit of a change, but I still grossly misjudge my size, and not just when shopping for clothes...when navigating through life in general. It's funny when you fling your hip out to stop a door and it actually blows right past you because you don't have massive hips anymore, but it's quite scary too. I think I'll be adjusting to that side of things for a while. Anyway, without further ado, some comparison pictures:

timelapseface_zpsaf4806e2.jpg
timelapsebody_zps75f2514c.jpg

And what was my reward for losing 100 lbs (aside from adding years to my life)? A year ago, it would have been cake. Seriously, it would have been. Today it was:

Schwinn_zps6caeca57.jpg

I'm not hugely active in this community. I'm pretty shy by nature. But I lurk, and I read, and I listen and I learn. So a huge thanks to the more vocal members of this place. I couldn't have gotten this far without the helpful and encouraging words I see people posting in here everyday.

Replies

• RebeccaMae1983
    RebeccaMae1983 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look great, keep up the good work!
  • mariannekehl
    mariannekehl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    WOW! You just made me smile from ear to ear! Congratulations!:smile:
  • melindabrock
    melindabrock Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! Great job! My reward would be cake too lol I cant wait to lose enough that I can ride a bike comfortably!!
  • Bellavita2888
    Bellavita2888 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great Job! An Inspiration. Love your beautiful bike. Enjoy!!
  • tweedledee16
    tweedledee16 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Awesome dedication, you look fantastic. And the bike is a great reward!! :) CONGRATS!!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Wow thats super awesome and you look FAB!!

Enjoy that reward!!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Beautiful transformation, just beautiful! Enjoy that reward, you earned it!! :flowerforyou:
  • tlynn141978
    tlynn141978 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fan-freakin'-tastic! Congrats to you!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My friend, you look amazing and years younger than in your before pic. I am honored to have been with you through a lot of this and you are one of my very favorite MFP friends. You are, in fact, very unique!:flowerforyou:
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. I love your 100 pound reward, I am planning to get a new treadmill

thanks for sharing your story!
  • sutschek111
    Options
    What an amazing defeat!! You look awesome, keep up the good work. You are a wonderful inspiration to all of us especially to the ones who are just starting out. You are rocking the beauty!!

Robin
  • mseslee
    mseslee Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    congrats!! so what changes did you make to lose 100 pounds?
  • Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Wow.. you should be screaming from the rooftop!! You look utterly amazing!!
    I DO 'get' what you mean by not being able to see the difference in yourself like other see... we're hardwired to see ourselves in a 'bad image' I think when we've fought, for what seems like forever, this battle with the weight.
    However - let me tell you - you've done fantastic!!
  • jules92761
    jules92761 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Totally the inspiration I needed today!!! Great job!!
  • tomich54
    tomich54 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great job! Love the bike! :smile:
  • Livingfreetoday
    Livingfreetoday Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    What a super reward. You look beautiful and you are an inspiration.
  • cadenvicpolk
    cadenvicpolk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How awesome! Keep up the awesome work! :)
  • jacwmar
    jacwmar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great! Keep up the good work.
  • ONEWITHPIPES1212
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Heaven knows, this whole weight loss endeavor is more than a notion! I am prayerful that I too might achieve some success on my journey however, I'm overwhelmed with information and at this point so terribly unsure of what format to follow. I've followed what MFP suggested at 1200 diet and have done so for quite some time and haven't lost anything. I've purchased a fitbit and track an average of 10,000 steps per day. I usually do a fitness video every morning for 30 minutes and I can't begin to tell you how frustrating this whole thing is. At the end of the day, with food and my exercise calculations, I'm always under my caloric goal.... does this factor have anything to do with why I'm not shedding any weight???

I just recently became acquainted with the term TDEE, it suggest that I should be eating 1600 calories a day. I honestly feel like a human yoyo and I am SO IN NEED OF REAL HELP AND SOLID GUIDANCE. Should I follow MFP and continue with the 1200 caloric intake or follow the TDEE suggestion of 1600 calories.

HELP!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!