Looking for Struggle Buddies

Options
This is my second day back on MFP and I'm looking to interact with people who are encouraging and motivational. Losing weight is a daily struggle and I need to surround myself with people that share my goals. If you feel we could be encouraging to one another, please send me a friend request!

HW - 190lb
CW - 190lb
GW #1 - 175lb (within 2 months)
GW #2 - 165lb (within 4 months)
GW #3 - 150lb (within 6 months)

Replies

• peaches32684
    peaches32684 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I struggle daily with motivation! I have so much trouble getting motivated to do my daily workout. I feel great when Im done, I always feel accomplished but getting off my butt and getting started is hard!

Any motivation tips or support is greatly appreciated!!!
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya!
  • ThereseL37
    Options
    I'm here for you; my biggest downfall is not exercising, so that is where I need the most encouragement. What is your biggest downfall. Let's hold each other accountable.
    Honor your being,
    Release each and every struggle,
    Gather strength from life's storms,
    Relax into the arms of spirit.
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • jhann16
    jhann16 Posts: 62
    Options
    Motivation to exercise if my problem. I like seeing my friends on MFP comment when I post my exercise. I try to post to them with a "Yea!! Great Workout!" or something. Just seeing my friends exercise inspires me. Let's do this thang!
  • KeenaAdams
    KeenaAdams Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Honestly I believe this site has been my biggest motivational tool. Just reading others post ususally gives me that extra little push that I need to get off "my butt". I HATE excersising, but once I log on and read some of my friends posts I feel motivated to "do something". Even if its 50 crunches or 100 jumping jacks. Just something to record in my excersise journal helps :-)
  • KeenaAdams
    KeenaAdams Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    GREAT ATTITUDE jhann16....Love it!
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I am actually struggling really hard right now. I almost started to give up, but the friends I have made on this site have helped me through my hurdle. It's not easy and I am not out of the woods yet, but it makes me see another day and that is what you have to do, is take it day by day. Remember one or even 2 bad days will not hurt you....just dust your self off and start again. We can do this!!!
  • littlecarneygirl
    Options
    i have the same problem! i have tried all kinds of diets and generally lose a few pounds start to feel good and then get bored and quit! i have been on this site going on two weeks and last week i lost three pounds! i know that dont seem like much but its better than what i was doing,.. and this site is great for motivation. everyone is real friendly and will make you feel great even with the smallest achievements! i am still trying to find a exercise i can stick with so maybe we can come up with one together! lol i think you will do great on here!
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have motivation at the highest some days, and other days, I feel like throwing in the towel. I have lost 21.5 pounds since January 1st, so I should be proud of my accomplishments so far. BUT I feel like I am not doing enough and making enough progress.

So yeah, I could use the support and motivation too!
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    I was on another topic and this one lady does step ups while she watches tv...I think I am going to purchase a step up so I can just step up and down while watching tv...so I can watch my shows and not feel like a couch potato.

We should come up with a routine that we can all follow and hold each other accountable. We can do this!!!
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    I was on another topic and this one lady does step ups while she watches tv...I think I am going to purchase a step up so I can just step up and down while watching tv...so I can watch my shows and not feel like a couch potato.

We should come up with a routine that we can all follow and hold each other accountable. We can do this!!!
  • tinkerbell1971
    Options
    :frown: I have been up and down most of my life, but more now that I have had three kids. I am getting ready to turn 40 and I really want to change my life. I want to feel good about myself again. I want to have energy. I am not the heaviest I have been, but I am really close. I just can't seem to stay motivated to stay on track. I dont really have a good support group. My family means well, but they eat different foods than what i need to eat. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am need of lots of help to stay on track this time.