Jillian Michaels question

Options
I started the 30 day shred yesterday and I'm wondering if I'm suppose to do it everyday? I was planning on alternating 30 day shred with yoga meltdown or shred it with weights. I also do cardio on my treadmill for an hour at night. I want great results, so I'm willing to do it everyday if that's what's best.

Replies

• jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Some people do it as a 30-day program (thus the title!) but personally I think it's more effective to mix it up. I especially like that you're throwing more cardio in there, because you just don't get that much with that short DVD. That said, I love all of JMs DVDs. Just did level 1 in addition to Insanity yesterday!

I have Shred It wiith Weights but haven't tried it. How is it?

Jennifer
  • BughaBear
    BughaBear Posts: 201
    Options
    Yes u r suppose to do it for the 30 days straight, Im on day like 12 and man wk 2 got me workin but if u do yoga it will be easy for u, Im so not lookin forward to wk 3 haha.
  • BughaBear
    BughaBear Posts: 201
    Options
    I have tried shred it with weights and I love it it works muscles that I didnt know I had so it is better to do it every other day??
  • mommy23skllm
    Options
    Some people do it as a 30-day program (thus the title!) but personally I think it's more effective to mix it up. I especially like that you're throwing more cardio in there, because you just don't get that much with that short DVD. That said, I love all of JMs DVDs. Just did level 1 in addition to Insanity yesterday!

I have Shred It wiith Weights but haven't tried it. How is it?

Jennifer

I tried shred it with weights level one on Saturday and I was still sore on Monday. It seemed pretty easy the first 10 minutes, but I was pretty tired by the end. Good Luck!
  • Shel2Peru
    Shel2Peru Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Could somebody please tell me how long the 30 day shred program is?....I just ordered it and wondering how long 30mins? an hour?.....If it's an hour, don't know if this 221 lb. body can do it everyday.........how hard is it? thanks
  • Lynnah
    Lynnah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Could somebody please tell me how long the 30 day shred program is?....I just ordered it and wondering how long 30mins? an hour?.....If it's an hour, don't know if this 221 lb. body can do it everyday.........how hard is it? thanks

Hi,

It takes around 30mins in total, maybe a little less, and that's including a warm up/cool down. There are 3 sections, each consisting of 3min strength, 2min cardio, and 1min abs, plus the 2 mins of warm up and cool down. So 22 min in total, plus a bit of chat :). There are 3 levels, so it gets harder as you get better! Good luck if you decide to get it - I'm already feeling better at it and I've just done level 1 day 9.
  • mommy23skllm
    Options
    Well darn, I just realized the 30 day shred isn't on on demand anymore and I have no clue where my dvd is. I went ahead and did shred it with weight (also On Demand) and it was awesome!! I think I like shred it with weights more than 30 day shred. I'm just trying to figure out how to log it.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I just started it this weekend, and I am NOT doing it every day. First of all, I was way too sore after doing it for two days straight. Second, I like a little more cardio and this only has 6 minutes of cardio total. I plan to do it every other day-ish, and mix in other cardio in between.