Just joined myfitnesspal today!

Options
Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself:flowerforyou: ....My name is Crystal. I am 25 years old. I weigh about 168 and have struggled with that 20pds for the passed 5 years. To be honest though I have not really tried to hard. I tried weight watchers once but I didn't like adding up all the points after a while & I guess I just got bored. I love that this site counts the calories for you and you have people/friends here to keep you motivated. I would love to hear your story so feel free to friend me.:tongue:

Replies

• janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Welcome ... I have been here since January 7th and it is a great place to find support and inspiration. Good luck on your journey.
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you and good luck losing the last 20 pounds. You can do this.
  • mzbel
    mzbel Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I just joined yesterday and I must say, I LOVE this app! It is great! Can't wait to get to know some of you!! :flowerforyou:
  • ktrame71
    ktrame71 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome! While I have been on my weight loss journey for a year now, I started on this site in December. I too have found the site to be fantastic and really helpful in tracking what I am eating, my exercise, and interacting with others.

One tip that took my weeks to realize - make sure your net calories comes close to your calorie goal for the day. For example, if you have 1300 calories as your calorie goal and you exercise off 200 calories, make sure you consume enough calories to get back or close to a total net of 1300 calories for the day.

I know you can do it!
  • lookintolose
    lookintolose Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Crystal, I just joined today too. Hoping to drop about 30 pounds by summer. We just bought a boat and I don't want to look like a whale on it! :) Anyway. Good luck.
  • katyahster
    Options
    Hi! My name is Katie and I'm 25 as well...and even more ironic, I've battled with that 20lb mark for ages..this time i'm starting at 167 and so far am down to 157 but really need to kick my exercise butt into shape!
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    Thank you!:smile: I am very excited to have discovered this site.
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Thank you...It looks like you are on the right track.
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Thank you, everyone here makes it so exciting! I love it:happy:
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Krepka-Thank you for the advise!
  • hockeyfan7
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined too! I'm sure you will reach your goal, just keeping working at it! :)
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Lookingtolose-LOL...you won't look like a whale! Don't worry I think we are in the right place.
  • margietx
    Options
    Welcome Crystal... You're beautiful girl... You can do this!!
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Katyashter- Really? Wow...we have that in common than. Congratulations on losing the 10pds. For me 10pds is a little easier...but it seems I hit a plato after that, or at least I did with weight watchers. I will be so proud of myself if I can get under 150. If you have any advise on getting past the 10pd mark, PLEASE let me know..
  • Nickfield1
    Options
    Another newbie here, joined sometime ago, only just got using it properly this week and its fantastic and so many people wanting the same goal, good luck all.

Nick
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Margietx-Thank you. You are very beautiful too. :flowerforyou:
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    this site is amazing. :)

welcome! :bigsmile:
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 20lbs too! I've been on here a week and i lost (i work in kilos on my scales) 1.1kg which i think is about 2.2lbs! Yay!
    I'm sure you'll reach your goal! good luck :)
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    FitPhill2011- Wow...you lost a lot! Congratulations. I am very excited to see how this all works out.