Had my yearly physical today

Options
My cholesterol dropped 30 pts but I had gained 16 pounds. My doctor said it was odd but that the weight gain was not good weight gain. He said it's not muscle, water retention, etc. It's fat. . He suggested that the weight gain was from being bored and I think it's true. It was certainly a wake up call. He suggested that the weight gain was from being bored and I think it's true. I figure what I will do is load up on fruits, fish and little snacks and overcount their calories to get back on track. Now that I know, for me, that my diet plays a bigger role in weight than working out, I can cutback on my gym time if I focus on my diet.

Replies

• Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I usually just walk for my workout. I try to for at least an hour a day.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    At least you went. I know I am heavier than I was at my last physical and he said I needed to lose weight....
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    What was your Trigliceride count? That is a measurement of fat. Also, what is your HDL and LDL levels, and what is your ACI.........if your cholesterol dropped, you must be doing something right........I know , that your numbers improve with weight loss , exercise and a good diet............

good luck, I got my counts recently and am imporving them with continued weight loss...........
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You're at a great place then, this MFP, it lets you count calories and track what you're eating.You'll be down that 16 pounds in no time at all. WTG on the cholesterol drop.
  • bimmerjt9
    Options
    I had a similar wake up call. Counting calories and mfp has helped me tremendously.
  • Drdmike
    Options
    What was your Trigliceride count? That is a measurement of fat. Also, what is your HDL and LDL levels, and what is your ACI.........if your cholesterol dropped, you must be doing something right........I know , that your numbers improve with weight loss , exercise and a good diet............

good luck, I got my counts recently and am imporving them with continued weight loss...........

He put me on medication last year because my family has a history of high blood pressure and cholesterol. I guess the absence of other health issues is due to my working out.
  • Drdmike
    Options
    You're at a great place then, this MFP, it lets you count calories and track what you're eating.You'll be down that 16 pounds in no time at all. WTG on the cholesterol drop.

Well, I used MFP to see what I could get away with and apparently not much LOL. I will just go back to what I was doing before which is trying to stay busy.