weght loss stalled?

Options
i recently started jogging, now my weight has started to stay the same, id this normal, i'm not too worried yet, but will the weight start to come of again, ? thank you

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you last loss weight?
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    If it's been going on more than a few weeks, it may be time to re-evaluate your calories and lower/raise them a bit. You may be eating too much (and are eating at maintenance), or you may be eating too little. Water weight can also happen as well, and "stall" weight loss. I would say to not worry about the number on the scale so much, and instead, track your measurements. I've found those to be a better gauge of my progress, and I continue to lose inches even when I've maintained the same weigh-in numbers.
  • joannea19888
    Options
    its been about 2 weeks since my last loss, i eat roughly 1100-1500, im also still breastfeeding , so i don't want to cut any more calories, ill get the tape measure out in the morning and see if its happier than the scales :) thank you x
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    When I stalled for a month, I relaxed and ate at maintenance for a few days instead of getting discouraged.

Suddenly, after getting back to my regular deficit, I lost 2 pounds! This has happened to me several times now. I've seen a few people talk about reset days, followed by the "whoosh" (weight drop). Drinking lots of water helped a great deal!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    When you start exercising, its normal to retain water. It's only been two weeks, be patient, it will come.
  • DunnFit
    Options
    A plateau can easily last 2-4 weeks, sometimes longer. To get out of one, you usually need to mix things up a bit. What kind of macronutrients do you consume? You might want to look at adjusting not only the ratios, but their timing.

If jogging is your preferred exercise then you may want to look into High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) instead of just jogging. It's generally held that it has a longer-lasing effect than normal jogging. Talk to your doctor before making any changes to your diet or exercise programs. I'd be pretty careful in light of breastfeeding. I have some concerns that your calories might be on the low end on some days. 1100 for a woman who's breastfeeding sounds like it might be too low but that's something you definitely need to discuss with your doctor. Please be sure your nutrition is right so that your baby's is, too :)
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Keep weighing your food; plateau can last 6 weeks and someone who had great success mentioned 6 weeks is the least amount to give a change in your diet and lifestyle(exercise) prior to seeing or 'not' seeing results.