The scale isnt moving!

Options
ok, so i watch what i eat and am eating about 1100 calories a day, have cut out all beverages except water, im working out 5-6 days a week and im down to my last 10lbs and the scale isnt budging. Help :(

Replies

• Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I saw on your profile that you have a young baby. First question, are you nursing right now? And, how old is the baby now?
  • Amelia0471
    Options
    I just stopped nursing about 10 days ago, unfortunetley he was'nt getting what he needed so I had to switch to formula, but he is 6 1/2 weeks old.
  • Rocket_Man44
    Options
    Kick it..I bet it will have to move.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You were feeding your baby and eating 1100 calories a day????
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    6-1/2 weeks postpartum is still very early. Your body has been through a lot and it will take some time to recover. I know that's hard to hear....

I would say keep eating right, calculate your TDEE and eat about 20% less, and be patient. I cannot stress patience enough! After a baby, your body has some healing to do. This includes dropping fluids, breast swelling going down, etc. It will all start coming together and you will feel more like yourself in the next few weeks, but for now, be patient. :smile:
  • Amelia0471
    Options
    No, after I stopped nursing I cut my calories down
  • Amelia0471
    Options
    Ok, patience is key! I have to keep telling myself that. It just seemed like the weight at first came off so fast and now, its stuck. Im just trying to not get discouraged.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    No, after I stopped nursing I cut my calories down
    Thank goodness! Okay then.
    Honey you JUST had a baby and as someone else mentioned your body needs time to heal, this is all very normal. Give it a couple of months to settle back in and don't worry about it. Your hormones are all wonky still. Congrats on the baby!