"Im pretty....for a fat girl........"

Options
Thats something that I was told so much growing up! Im new to this site and Im hoping to find people in this area (Raleigh, NC) to be my work out/accountability partner. I have a handle on some pretty good resources that I can share as far as a personal trainer who offers free weekend FIT CAMP etc.

I am hoping to lose 50 lbs to finally take me under 200 lbs. Something I havent been since...well forever. Im 108 pounds down and just can NOT shed these last 50 lbs.

My goal is to be a pretty girl...period....Not " Aww your pretty.... for a fat girl"!

Replies

• Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Welcom To MFP
  • girl_brett
    girl_brett Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That's awesome that you have already shed over 100 pounds! That's no easy task so before you know it you'll be saying goodbye to those last 50! Don't give up and good luck!
  • Eporter727
    Eporter727 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Lol, I'm pretty for a fat girl too but soon will be just plain old pretty.
  • dyte
    dyte Posts: 13
    Options
    It's doesn't matter how big we are....we are all beautiful!
  • Shak212
    Shak212 Posts: 22
    Options
    Welcome!
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Didn't you just hate that? I got the same thing or better yet "you'd be so beautiful if you would lose weight"...like it's that easy :cry:

You're doing great sweetie! keep it up and remember true beauty resides within, and the exterior fades as you age.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I hear that a lot too! "you have a beautiful face", "you could look a lot better if you lost weight", etc.. Don't people realize that those are NOT compliments! at least, they aren't to me! I don't live near you (I'm in Detroit) but I wish I did.. those free classes sound fun! I would love to be support for you though :) Welcome to the site, it is very helpful! :)

Kerri
  • DoubleO7
    Options
    Wow!! 100 pounds gone, that pretty amazing :glasses: , GOOD FOR YOU. Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i always got the same thing. friend request on the way!
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i always got the same thing. friend request on the way!
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've been told that my whole life. "you are pretty in the face" hopefully we can all succeed in proving them wrong :)
  • miranda0910
    miranda0910 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Girl, I WISH I had your booty! Where I am from, that's ALL beautiful right there:) Great job on losing the weight...you are having a tough time losing the last because your body has hit a plateau. Challenge it with new exercises. My husband and I are doing the P90X and it is kicking my butt (Or should I say, giving me one...hehehehe). Keep at it!
  • Collene23
    Options
    For me it has always been "What a pretty face!!" I have heard that so many times and honestly I have had enough. Congrats on your weight loss to date!! That is awesome!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    oh yea the typical "You have such a pretty face" .... People tell me I am pretty all the time, I see the entire me... not just my face! it drives me crazy... I don't want to be the "pretty for a fat girl" anymore either.

Congrats on losing 100lbs! You can keep going... you've got the strength and the drive!
  • PrettyFNamazing
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • Howlwilder
    Howlwilder Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    god yes, i dont think people realize what an underhanded or backhanded comment that is, but it really is. congrats on the 100lbs, that is amazing, just amazing.
  • Biahaitome
    Options
    Girl..............I know what you mean! Iv'e heard the same words from lots of people. The most painfulllllllllllll "you beautiful, in your own way" from my Mother. She trys to give me diet advice, and last time she did I told her "Ma, I know your trying to be helpful, but I'm doing this." It's just that it still offends me. She always said I was a BIG girl growing up. I'm loseing weight, and I know I will never hear that from her again. It'll be "baby your beautiful", and I will feel better all around! I'm doing this for me, and it's SO worth it!
  • PrettyFNamazing
    Options
    Yeah, family can sometimes shoot you low blows without even knowing. My grandma used to ask me..."Is that your size" or "are you gaining weight" and I just to hate any reference to my weight or how I looked in my clothes. You are a beautiful woman and your size...NOTHING to do with it. Keep it up and people will be pouring on the compliments! Rightfully so!
    Girl..............I know what you mean! Iv'e heard the same words from lots of people. The most painfulllllllllllll "you beautiful, in your own way" from my Mother. She trys to give me diet advice, and last time she did I told her "Ma, I know your trying to be helpful, but I'm doing this." It's just that it still offends me. She always said I was a BIG girl growing up. I'm loseing weight, and I know I will never hear that from her again. It'll be "baby your beautiful", and I will feel better all around! I'm doing this for me, and it's SO worth it!
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Oh, I HATE those kinds of comments! And let me just say, one, congrats on losing over 100 pounds; two, if that is YOUR body in that photograph, you do NOT have 50 lbs. to lose! I'm just sayin' . . . :noway:
  • xinzya
    xinzya Posts: 15
    Options
    you are pretty- no matter what- don't let anyone ever tell you differently....Now- let the motivation begin :)