Sugar and Carbs

chrissy122g
chrissy122g Posts: 8 Member
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
Hi I am having a hard time..I have been steady for 3 weeks eating 1400 calories a day...exercising on my elliptical and doing 30 day shred daily. I have lost 2lbs...I am thinking my sugar and carbs are way too high. MFP says I can have 268 carbs and 39 gm of sugar....I always go over my sugar...I am way under my fat and always have leftover calories....I need help! Any opinions...I only have about 28 lbs to lose.

Replies

• FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    You may want to make your diary public for honnest and informed opinions :)
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    You can friend me and I will take a look at your food diary :)
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Have you upped your water? Hows your sodium levels?
  • I just started tracking my sugar and sodium and see that I am also going over my sugar...Orange Juice and Greek yogurt :(
  • I actually stopped looking at my sugar levels. It's ridiculous! I have just enough sugars to eat a piece of fruit and a yogurt. Although they are still considered sugars, I don't count them. Just stay away from any refined sugars. Also, you may want to adjust your Protein/Carb/Fat levels. They had me at 280 carbs a day and then once you add back the exercise calories, I was way over 300. Now I adjusted it to where it's about 120 before exercise. My numbers weren't moving on the scale either, so hopefully they will now. Good luck!
  • Chrissy 122g,
    I read an article from a published health study from the U.K. that identified that low fat diets tended to be higher in sugar and carbs and actually contribute to greater obeseity rates than originally thought. In other words the science pushing low fat diets is actually flawed. The article explained that when you drastically reduce fat intake you reduce key metabolic fatty acids produced from the fat that you eat which not only boosts your metabolism but also helps you to in metabolise the stored fat within your own body. My best guess as to why you are not seeing any change in your weigh is that your carb intake is too high and your fat intake is to low. I think that Dr. Adkins and the south beach people have got it right. I started on an adkins diet a few days ago and have already lost two pounds. So the journey begins...I hope this helps.
  • chrissy122g
    chrissy122g Posts: 8 Member
    I am thinking so too...i am going to read into it!!
This discussion has been closed.