had all my calories but....

I have had all my calories, but i am craving a pink grapefruit. This would set me over my calories. Do I splurge or drink some water and crochet and fight the urge? Much needed support here. Thanks :)

Replies

• VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    Have the grapefruit. Then spend a half hour cleaning house. Problem solved! :)
  • nicailyzee
    nicailyzee Posts: 183 Member
    Eat the fruit its good for you at least its not something totally off the wall. You will be fine!
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Have the grapefruit! Cut it in half and have half now and save the other half for breakfast. Yum! We are talking 50-60 calories here. Let's face it, you could be craving something a lot worse calorie-wise than fruit!
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    what everyone else said, plus I find fruit digests really quickly and that little bit of calories won't matter.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Enjoy the grapefruit. It's good for you and you won't be over by much. On another day, you'll be under by a few calories. Perhaps have a look at your weekly average of daily calories to see that, over the time of a week, you log in just fine for a daily calorie count.

You are doing great with this.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Eat the grapefruit. You're not going to make your goal every single day. No one does. You just want to make certain that the majority of days are good.
  • PurrlyGirl
    PurrlyGirl Posts: 59 Member
    Eat it, AND drink water and crochet. Because crocheting is awesome. :laugh:

I stay pretty rigid on my calorie count because it keeps me in check, but realistically, one grapefruit isn't going to undo your progress. Just don't make a habit of going over. Log it, enjoy it, move on.
  • cookeylady
    cookeylady Posts: 147 Member
    YAY, I have made the decision to eat half the grapefruit as was suggested and save half for breakfast. thank you for all the input :)