Sport Bra Issues?

Options
Hello,

I have a question for the girls out there. I am just getting back into running, but I can't seem to find a good sports bra. Either it is not tight enough and i feel like I'm all over the place, or it's too tight in my rib area and it becomes hard to breath.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any suggestions of a good sports bra?

Random, I wear a 34 D bra. Not sure if that will make a difference in the type of sports bra.

Thanks!

Replies

• s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I got to a place called Change. Its relatively inexpensive and it works for me and my large size
  • lizzybathory
    Options
    Hello,

I have a question for the girls out there. I am just getting back into running, but I can't seem to find a good sports bra. Either it is not tight enough and i feel like I'm all over the place, or it's too tight in my rib area and it becomes hard to breath.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any suggestions of a good sports bra?

Random, I wear a 34 D bra. Not sure if that will make a difference in the type of sports bra.

Thanks!
    I usually wear a 32D, so I think I can feel your pain. :) I usually just get cheapie Champion sports bras from Target, in bright colors, in size small. They've always treated me pretty well. I think you'll run into the tight band problem more with more expensive or more structured sports bras, but I've worn these same ones ever since I've work a 36 band size, so I think they have enough give.
  • weightliftinggirl
    Options
    Thank you so much for the responses, I'm going to go to Target and buy a Champion one and see how it goes!

Thank you!!
  • ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've had better luck buying Champion bras online and getting the high support ones. I look for the ones that come in actual band + cup sizes instead of S-M-L-XL -- those always seem to fit a lot better for me.
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I get the high impact ones from Target (Champion brand). I wear 34DDD, but I buy the DDs and smash the girls in there. :smile:
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Because bras stretch out over time, you may find that a bra that feels too tight at first loosens up in a few weeks. So if it's too comfy when you buy it, it may be too big in a few weeks and not support you correctly.

You can try new brands or you can try to wear down what you have. If you choose the latter, try making sure you're breathing with your belly and not all up in your chest. You'll get much better breaths, and it won't put so much pressure on your bra.

Also, if you're doing any low impact exercises, like yoga, you might want to get a special, comfier bra for that. Then you aren't trying to contort with a tight high impact bra, or rolling over the clasp, etc.
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Same here. The high impact one I bought at Target (size-specific, not "Medium/Large") worked well, but their regular ones still do NOT cut it. They stopped carrying the good one in stores, but that reminds me I should check for it online!
  • jmnicholas
    jmnicholas Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I buy mine from Bravissimo (UK stores, but worldwide online). However, they are not cheap! Good support costs, at least here...
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm very happy with the max support Champion bra I picked up at SportChek over the summer. It's a generic size (S, M, L) rather than a cup size, but nothing moves when I jog.
  • frayst
    Options
    I like compression sports bras for high impact. I have the same problem as you with most bras, I find that other sports bras are either too tight and/or stretch out after a few months of wear. Compression bras for me are tight to get on but once wearing them they don't squeeze, are comfortable, and keep everything right in place. I'm a 34D and I wear a medium in Nike. My nipples show through sometimes because compression bras aren't lined but at least they're not in my face =P
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Are you 100% sure you really are that cup size? You'd be surprised how many women wear the wrong size bra. I've had my bust measured a few times over the course of my life, and it really does make a difference. Because I need pretty strong support (32DDD), I saved up, waited for a sale, then bought myself 2 Victoria's Secret sports bras. They've been the absolute best investment; they fit perfectly, they're comfortable, I don't get uni-boob (haha), and they keep the girls in place.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    RoadRunnerSports.com They have a tank bra that is the best....EVER!!!!! Bonus: Their customer service is the BEST I have ever dealt with. Seriously.
    This is the one that I use...I have several. I like that I can wear it as a top or a bra...now that cold weather is looming I can layer, but in the heat of summer, it's just a running top!
    http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/RRL984/womens-rgear-secret-weapon-bra-tank/
    I don't work for them, I am just so super pleased with everything I have ever ordered. They also do a shoe guarantee that is amazing...they let you wear the shoes for 90 days and if they don't work out, you can return them. I've never found anything better.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Are you 100% sure you really are that cup size? You'd be surprised how many women wear the wrong size bra. I've had my bust measured a few times over the course of my life, and it really does make a difference. Because I need pretty strong support (32DDD), I saved up, waited for a sale, then bought myself 2 Victoria's Secret sports bras. They've been the absolute best investment; they fit perfectly, they're comfortable, I don't get uni-boob (haha), and they keep the girls in place.

or you could have just bought 1 panache bra for cheaper
  • stillhere1981
    stillhere1981 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I realized at the gym today that my sports bra is now too big for me. I have mixed feelings about this. I'm happy that I'm losing some weight, but I just wish it wasn't all from my chest. It makes me even more pear shaped.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    or you could have just bought 1 panache bra for cheaper

My 2 on-sale Victoria's sports bras for $40 far outweigh the 1 Panache sports bra that appears to be $68 no matter where I look. Sales are wonderful!
  • StrangeKraem
    StrangeKraem Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ever tried out Shock Absorber? They are a bit expensive but they are totally worth it! I use mine when at the gym lifting weights, during any form of cardio (jogging, dancing, HIIT..) and when working (am a welder) and I've never felt restricted in any way whilst it's definitely keeping everything in place. Worth every penny :)
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I just bought one from VS on sale and only paid $20 for it. And I love it. Not their PINK brand ones but the regular VS brand ones.
  • lhkim85
    lhkim85 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ever tried out Shock Absorber? They are a bit expensive but they are totally worth it! I use mine when at the gym lifting weights, during any form of cardio (jogging, dancing, HIIT..) and when working (am a welder) and I've never felt restricted in any way whilst it's definitely keeping everything in place. Worth every penny :)
    Another Shock Absorber fan! :) Sad that VS doesn't carry them anymore.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I double up. I wear a strapless under my sports bra then I also wear exercise tops mostly from danskin that have the bra built in. I guess I triple up. those babies don't go anywhere. cant help out on just one.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    By far my favourite sports bras have been the Moving Comfort "Maia" bra. I normally wear a 36H and in that I buy the 36E and it works well. I wear it running, biking, kayaking, etc etc. I did prefer the older style before they changed them though, there are extra seams on the new ones that I am not sure about. But they last a long time and wash very well and provide great support.