Hello from a Newbie!!

Options
Hi there! I am Julie. Just turned 51 and I am about 100 pounds overweight. And I'm scared. I have high blood pressure and am pre-diabetic. My body is stiff, and I just don't feel good. Eight and a half years ago I weighed 150 and was in the best shape of my life. I thought I had this weight thing licked. But after being diagnosed with breast cancer and being put on Tamoxifen for 5 years afterwards my weight steadily climbed til I'll ended up where I am today. Heavy, stiff, and headed for all kinds of health problems. I just don't want to live like this anymore. I want to live as long a life as possible. I want to regain control of my life and my health. Oh, I am also separated and heading for divorce. He's been gone for over a year and a half, but all this extra weight is keeping me from embarking on my new single life. I've thought about losing weight for several years now. I'm ready to stop thinking. And start losing.

Replies

• bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Do it for you! I am happy you beat Cancer; that's a HUGE achievement so if you can do that you can completely reclaim your health for yourself and your own personal happiness. You are worth it and deserve it. Glad you're here.
  • bflicker11
    Options
    Welcome Julie!!! I'm glad you're here because we all deserve to live a happy and healthy life. Take it one day at a time and you can do it!!
  • cyndi101
    Options
    Welcome!! You have come to the right place. Very happy to hear that you beat Cancer..Wonderful. Now, just take baby steps to get the weight off. Think Positively. You can add me as a friend...I need all the support and motivation I can get, too... :flowerforyou:
  • Skinnyville
    Options
    Welcome from another newbie. If you can beat caner you can take on the world. The weight will have crept up on you during your recovery and now its time that went too! Wishing you the best of luck and your journey back to health and happiness. xx
  • kwise127
    Options
    Hi
    I'm new here too. So far this has been a wonderful site for encouragement and support. I'll send you a friend request and maybe we can help one another get there.

My MIL is breast cancer survior too. You beat cancer, you can do this too!
  • kempka
    kempka Posts: 3
    Options
    OMG. I am really scared. I just started on Tamoxifen (i will be on it for 5 years) and I am already 60 lbs overweight. JESUS.. Did you eat more or was it simply the drug.?