Serious question.

Options
As I log exercises, I notice that their is an exercise for sex. Should I log this as well. I mean if so then its a lot more calories I would burn. Not trying to be gross or funny.

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not? It's good cardio. :)
  • Kevalyn34
    Options
    Absolutely! Sex should definitely be counted as cardio!!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    don't log anything for your normal daily activities. Just think of it as a bonus! :)
  • Jacpin
    Jacpin Posts: 17
    Options
    Great question! If you "worked out" then log it! I have read that cleaning was also considered cardio so if you do that it should be logged as well.
  • ninarobin05
    Options
    Hmmm...thanks guys!! The reason I ask is because it usually doesn't end quickly and I feel like its a workout! haha
  • chunk3y_m0nk3y
    Options
    Any time u burn calories log it. It depends on how much of the work u are actually doing that determines if u are actually burning that many calories. I dont usually log it cuz to me its for fun and its a bonus to burn a couple extra calories that doesnt actually feel like work!! lol
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    don't log anything for your normal daily activities. Just think of it as a bonus! :)

To explain. If this is part of your everyday activity you should adjust your activity level in your profile. If your sedentary you should maybe adjust up to light activity.

When you log "exercise" that is part of your normal routine you are cheating yourself into eating more calories than you should.
  • ninarobin05
    Options
    Which leads to my next question...When I exercise, it burns all of the calories that I have already eaten. Does that mean I have to keep eating until I reach my calorie goal at the end of the day? I just feel like I can't eat anymore sometimes...
  • ninarobin05
    Options
    Thanks ChunkyMonkey! <3
  • neebelung
    neebelung Posts: 115
    Options

I agree! :) Icing on the cake... *tee hee*
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

I agree! :) Icing on the cake... *tee hee*

Was that innuendo?
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    i log sex, its a good cardio as stated. but i do not log alot of normal things. like sleeping actually burns too, cleaning, getting dressed, etc. but i dont log those.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Daily activities are considered when setting your goals... that's why we choose sendentary, lightly active, active, etc... that's why I don't understand logging for sex, cleaning, or walking in the grocery store.

Only log what is above and beyond your 'normal' daily activities or you will be double dipping the calorie burn... normal activities are already considered when setting your caloric goals.

Yes, you should eat all of your exercise calories. If you are having trouble fitting in the excess food- add it in throughout the day. Nuts and Peanut butter add calories, good fats, and not much volume.

The point is to hit your NET calorie goal. If your calorie goal is 1200 and you do no exercise... you net 1200. If your calorie goal is 1200 and you burn 500, you're net is now at 700 so you need to eat 500 more calories to bring your net up to 1200.

There are a bazillion threads on here explaining exercise calories too so if you want more detail and info on that you can find it, k.

Hope this helps!
  • chunk3y_m0nk3y
    Options
    You are very welcome!! As far as not being hungry and still having calories to eat, dont eat when ur not hungry!! lol If you have calories left thats fine as long as you arent starving urself.
  • yvfitness1
    yvfitness1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Maybe a stupid question, but under what name can you find the exercise? If I search i cant seem to find it..
  • ninarobin05
    Options
    i log sex, its a good cardio as stated. but i do not log alot of normal things. like sleeping actually burns too, cleaning, getting dressed, etc. but i dont log those.

thanks!!! :) I guess I will log it...
  • ninarobin05
    Options
    Daily activities are considered when setting your goals... that's why we choose sendentary, lightly active, active, etc... that's why I don't understand logging for sex, cleaning, or walking in the grocery store.

Only log what is above and beyond your 'normal' daily activities or you will be double dipping the calorie burn... normal activities are already considered when setting your caloric goals.

Yes, you should eat all of your exercise calories. If you are having trouble fitting in the excess food- add it in throughout the day. Nuts and Peanut butter add calories, good fats, and not much volume.

The point is to hit your NET calorie goal. If your calorie goal is 1200 and you do no exercise... you net 1200. If your calorie goal is 1200 and you burn 500, you're net is now at 700 so you need to eat 500 more calories to bring your net up to 1200.

There are a bazillion threads on here explaining exercise calories too so if you want more detail and info on that you can find it, k.

Hope this helps!

WOW! Yes it really does help!! Thanks a bunch!
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    There are some really good websites where you can figure out the calories for specific things. Different positions burn more calories! ;)
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

This is exactly right.

Of course it depends on your goals. If your goal is to log calorie burn and get it up on your profile page then by all means log sex and other daily activities, but if your trying to lose weight then you need to be very careful. If your going to log sex and other daily routine activities I would advise against eating back those calories. It will be a mistake.

I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud and this is the last Ill say on it but it would seem there is some bad advice being given and I hate to see people getting started on the wrong track.

Good luck and have fun burning those calories
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    You are very welcome!! As far as not being hungry and still having calories to eat, dont eat when ur not hungry!! lol If you have calories left thats fine as long as you arent starving urself.

agreed. don't eat unless you are hungry. i don't normally eat back my exercise calories. i just eat my 1200 calorie and call it a day. but there are people on here that will disagree with that. everyone is different.