Pure Barre

Options
Has anyone done the Pure Barre dvds? If so, which are your favorites? I have heard so much about this workout but do not have a studio in my area. Would love any feedback you can give.

Replies

• mealybug1010
    Options
    Hi there! I have never done the dvd's but cannot imagine doing the workout at home...If you don't have a "barre" I'm not very sure how it would work...But if you have a gym or a YMCA in your are they do offer ballet-inspired classes just like pure barre. I'm sorry you don't have one in your area!
  • KSML1
    KSML1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Have you taken the classes in a studio? Are they similar to other dvds you have used at home? Apparently the PB dvd doesn't use a bar, but maybe a chair.
  • mealybug1010
    Options
    Yes! I go to pure barre about 4x a week. I can already see a difference in my figure. Hm, nope I have never done the dvd's..but maybe if you use a chair that could work too? Maybe buy 1 DVD and see? If it's anything like the classes you will see results!
  • Liliasmama
    Options
    I have one of the DVD's and LOVE it! My friend owns her own franchise and posts regularly on FB about it, I grew up figure skating, so this kind of workout really appeals to me! I live in Guam right now ( hubby is air force) so we def. don't have a studio here! It isn't too hard to do without the barre. I use the side of the couch or a chair in place of it. My hubby did the workout with me this morning and was hurting! I need to be more regular with it, and order more of the DVD's to change it up a bit! I def. feel it the next day!
  • harmonyroses
    harmonyroses Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I got the Pure Barre DVD's for my birthday and so far I say the Pershing Square one is the most like the studio experience. Shaking legs, heavy breathing. I feel it!!!
  • k8yallen
    k8yallen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I go to pure Barre regularly, and the dvds are ok. Not wonderful but not bad. They are actually only 30. They leave out arms and the stomach exercises against the wall that you would do in class. Do some classes to get the one on one attention for the movements then supplement with the dvds. I think if i would have started with the dvd I would have been lost and not as excited about the work out.