Hello--New to Fitness Pal--Need Friends online

Options
hello, I am new to this site, and I have to say it is very cool. I have been doing Weight Watchers but am migrating to this site. I struggle with motivation and encouragement. I am hoping to find some online buddies to help with this as well as possibly finding some workout buddies for weekend activities.

Replies

• jennleigh33
    Options
    HI. I am new to this site also but I love it. Feel free to add me as a friend. You will love how this site works once you really start using faithfully!!!
    Jennifer
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    friend request on the way. this site is so great. not only can you track exercise and food intake, the people on here so encouraging. you will love it. esp. those bad days we will be here to pick you up. good luck.
  • FreyaDH
    FreyaDH Posts: 31
    Options
    Hello!
    I joined MFP last week and I'm already finding it really useful. Being able to keep track of you calories is really good help.
    What are your goals?
    Good luck!
  • vballer21
    Options
    This is a great site. I need some online friends as well, anyone feel free to add me!
  • staceypellegrin
    Options
    welcome to fitness pal. I am making great progress!.. and I know you can too! Once again WELCOME!
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Sending you a friend request.:flowerforyou:
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    welcome! i joined last week as well and it really does help! hope you find it as useful as the rest of us :)
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i've been on here a while, it's really easy to use and the database for food is incredibly easy to use. I'm a busy mom of two boys if i can fit it in anyone can.
  • genevaturtle
    genevaturtle Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, you are all so wonderful! Thank you so much! I am feeling better already! I am just about to my goal weight and then want to maintain. I would like to get more active and have fun. I am thinking of buying a bike so I can take advantage of some of the trails in Milton FL and where ever else I can find. I am trying to get up early to get my treadmill workout in or I will never get it done.
  • bigred64
    Options
    hello my name is Judy and I am new to this also and need encouragement my daughter started doing this and is doing very well so she got me to do it good luck
  • genevaturtle
    Options
    My husband will be deploying again shortly, and I am getting nervous with the whole re-adjustment to being alone. Although it should be a great opportunity with plenty of time to get into a good workout routine and start running to pass the time.
  • kwise127
    Options
    Hi
    I'm new here too. Feel free to add me as a friend for support and encouragement as well. I'm lovin how supportive this site is.
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will do great here. There are a lot of tools to help you along and people to keep you motivated.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    You can friend request me.
    I will help with support and motivation .
  • genevaturtle
    Options
    Only day 2 and the support is tremendous! And wow, the food tracking is really an eye opener! I have being doing WW for a year and never realized they patterns of eating, I tend to eat a lot of carbs...moreso than I need in 1 day.
  • mmensah
    mmensah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    yeah you have lost 7lbs how did you do that:tongue:
  • NicholasMongold
    Options
    everyone can add me ;)
  • mmensah
    mmensah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    so are you excersicing with your weight loss or are you doing the food list
  • genevaturtle
    Options
    On WW I lost a total of 17 lbs in 1 year. I was not exercising as much as I should have been but do try to get a couple hours of exercise per week. The new WW program I am finding difficult with the new pointsplus program. I am 4 lbs from my goal weight at this time. Then, it is just a matter of working hard to stay at goal.
  • PrettyFNamazing
    Options
    Hey!! Im new too. Just signed up last night. So far-so good! Welcome :-)