Maintaining progress at end of C25K

Options
I am nearing the end of C25K, and I want to keep up my ability to run 20-30 mins in the future. I'd rather not continue to run three times a week though. Personally, I just find it too boring.

If I mix in other sports and exercise, how often do you think I would need to run in order to maintain my ability to run 20-30 mins? Would one run a week do it?

Replies

• squatsanddeadlift
    squatsanddeadlift Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You could find ways of making running fun like doing hill running etc - or you could continue to 10k?
  • sarah_a_t
    sarah_a_t Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks squatsanddead, but I'm not looking for ways to make running more fun, or make further gains. I play plenty of other sports which I like a whole lot more, and actually don't have much time left for running. I just want to keep up the bare minimum in order to remain physical capable of running 5K.

Personally, I run for stress relief, not fitness. Unlike most other sports which are scheduled, I know that can go for a run any time of the day/night. I just want to make sure than when I've had a tough day, I am still physically capable of going for a decent run, because, as much as I will hate it at the time, I know I'll feel better after.
  • horndave
    Options
    To maintain, try at least twice a week. normal 5K pace.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    bumping for future reference. I would like to know too!