schedule prob - help!

Options
Hello everyone :)
I am on week 6 day 3 of c25k. This is my 3rd time going through the program in the last few years. Doing well :)
My problem is that my schedule changed drastically for the worse since going back to work, leaving my three days a week that I cannot run. Those three days fall on awkward parts of the week.
Here is the situation on those days (Mon, Thurs, and Fri)
up at 5:45 to get kids ready for the 6:40 am bus.
immediately get into shower to get to work by 7:30.
work until 3
home, get kids homework done, cook dinner, get son to therapy, kids asleep by 7.
most of the time, hubby leaves to go to work at 6pm for his nightshift and gets home at 8am - leaving me with no one to watch the kids while I run. (including for a earlier, 5am wakeup, which I would have considered.)
Our treadmill is broken, and we haven't found money yet to repair it.
So I see no time at all on those three days to get my run in. :(
(no $$ for a babysitter, no relatives that live close enough to watch them, and no neighbors that I can ask.)
So my problem is that I cannot get three days without repeating two in a row.
ex: Sun Tues Sat - repeats sat and sun
Wed Sat Tues - repeats wed and tues
ACK
Should I change the program for me to Tues Sat, Tues - basically just running twice a week, or maybe sat tues sun wed?
or should I run two days in a row?

Thanks!!

Replies

• doctorregenerated
    doctorregenerated Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bump because I really do need help.
    what would you do?
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Go two days in a row.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I would go two days in a row, or in the alternative look for a free treadmill. Check on Craigslist or other resources. People often try to get rid of their treadmills for very cheap or free. If you don't mind running on the treadmill, that's what I would do!
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I would run just twice a week but do a workout DVD at home on the days you are not running. Ideally something that will build leg muscles with squats etc. if you run two days in a row you could get injured (if you are quite new to running) and that will set you back weeks.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    How old are your kids? If you ran at a track could they do homework solo until you were done running, then go home to cook dinner?

Alternately, could you cook dinner for the next day after the kids are in bed? Then you could do homework with them, take the kids to the track to run, come home and just heat dinner as opposed to make it.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    can you have your hubby cook dinner once or twice a week? during that time you get a run in.