Sunless Tanning Lotion?

Options
I had *no* idea where to put this subject, but since I consider it motivation, I'm sticking it here.

I know sunless tanning beds are bad (and my fat body can't fit in them anymore anyway). I also know that laying in the sun all day is a no-no (not putting my body on display and scare everyone).

That being said, I FEEL better about myself when I'm darker...it "motivates" me to keep going, and it motivates me to keep losing weight. I don't know why, but it does.

Sunless tanning lotion has been around for ages, but every time I've tried it, I turn orange and it's obvious that it's a fake tan.

Does anyone use a brand that is at least more similar to a natural tan/bronze look?

(preferably one that doesn't smell like a chemical factory)

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have an olive skin tone that gets very yellow mid-winter, which I hate. I've only used two tanners- both of which I liked. Jergens Daily Glow, and this one http://www.amazon.com/Caribbean-Solutions-Colours-Natural-Tanner/dp/B001SAUBOQ/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1410314689&sr=8-20&keywords=sunless+tanning+natural

I think the second one looks better but it is definitly trickier to apply. I get orange hands especially if I am not careful. I havent had a problem with streaks. Jergens is hard to mess up. Both smell good to me.
  • lhkim85
    lhkim85 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Urban Decay also has a bronzing body BB cream.
  • cecesquats
    cecesquats Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    million dollar tan makes a mousse that i've heard is really good.
  • Ems500c
    Ems500c Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I use Victoria Secret tanning lotion, it comes out really dark but I only use two pumps every other day and I love it. I think it smells pretty good. It's not super expensive but not cheap either but the bottle seems to last forever!
  • MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Ive tried them all - E! Like, as in E! Holywood, E! the TV show, etc... makes one... i got it at Big lots of all plaes for $4. After useing it I went back and bought the last 7 in the sore, and gave 2 a way. It's instant bronze and looks awesome. I don't generally like the instant ones because they are a weird orange, but this one sisn't. i also didn't like the Jergens because i didnt realize how streaky i was making myself look... anyway, if you can find the E! brand, its worth it.

They all smell like butt-hole chemicals cause thats what they are... just dont touch anything for ten or so minutes and the odor eventually disapates.