I NEED HELP PLEASE!!

Options
I have been put on a 1800 calorie intake a day but I have been restricted to 130 carbs, 46g protein and 30 grams of fat.

IS THIS POSSIBLE?

I have everything that Im gonna eat in my food log and Im only at 1100 calories.

HOW DO I DO THIS?

Replies

• JenniferMann24
    Options
    I have been put on a 1800 calorie intake a day but I have been restricted to 130 carbs, 46g protein and 30 grams of fat.

IS THIS POSSIBLE?

I have everything that Im gonna eat in my food log and Im only at 1100 calories.

HOW DO I DO THIS?
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I'm not a nutritionist, but in my opinion, when we have a lot of weight to lose, as I do, it makes more sense to focus on what will help us progress rather than thinking of all those things at once.

Right now I'm only thinking about calories, but I'm just trying not to overeat anything with a lot of fat and sugar without actually counting the numbers. Only counting the calories.

I think when I lose more and then hit a plateau, I might count something else as well.

If we overwhelm ourselves, its easy to burn out.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    let me add--if u need a lot more calories but you're not super-hungry, have peanuts or something. They'll get your numbers where they need to be faster.
  • dancegirl1
    Options
    That has been a bit tricky for me as well...so I read up on it. Apparently going over protein is actually GOOD...I did a health calculator on myself and it read that I should actually be getting like 90g protein! And I also believe that carbs are not bad to go that much over on - they are the body's fuel! As long as they are the "good carbs" - so whole wheat pastas, whole grain breads, etc. Just don't go over on fats.
    I think MFP kinda underestimates the numbers...
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Tell me what you have the most left over? For instance if it is fat you could add an apple and some peanutbutter as a snack, if it is carbs maybe some whole wheat crackers and some low fat cheese, if it is protein how about some lettice and turkey wraps or some pineapple and cottage cheese. I don't worry too much about going over on protein , it seemd to keep me full longer and I don't find myself craving junk. I eat everything, just control my portions. The only thing I have cut down way low is fried foods, and very high animal fat foods ( like bacon and sausage). OH yea and simple starches like white bread or regular pasta or white rice or sweet baked goods....
    Ir rakes a while to tweak your eating to where you can fulfill all the requirements, just try to make as many healthy choices as you can and don't beat yourself up if youre not perfect all the time... I wish you success :flowerforyou:
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    Wow lady 1800 calories a day? I'm jealous. I use the carbs, protein, and all that other stuff counter as a guide to keep me eating balanced. I don't worry about hitting those numbers exactly, I just check to make sure I am near the number on everything so i don't eat mostly proteins or mostly carbs in a day.

As far as adding calories, add foods that are dense in "good for you" calories. Foods with natural fats, sugars and protein will do this. Add peanut butter to your oatmeal (adds 180 cals), avacado's to your salad ( between 100-250 depending on how much) and have a banana as an afternoon snack (200 cals). You can also snack on nuts and dried fruits to keep you satisfied and boost your calorie count.

Hope I didn't just tell you a bunch of stuff you already new :drinker:
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    * I AM OVER MY CARBS AND PROTEIN AND ONLY HAVE 3 GRAMS OF FAT LEFT. *

DONT BE JEALOUS YOU HAVE TO WEIGH ALOT MORE TO BE ABLE TO EAT MORE CALORIES.