Weight loss supplements really works or not

Options
Hey Friends we all know that there are hundreds of supplements in the market for weight loss and bodybuilding,
Here I want to discuss . does these supplements really works in weight loss or not.
Please share your Ideas here. And help me in knowing the results of supplements

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    The only thing they reduce is your wallet
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    No.....save your money. (if it's endorsed by Dr Oz you know it's garbage......)
  • JorgeGonzales
    Options
    This is the greatest and coolest reply
  • pigelty
    pigelty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You have to be careful with weight loss supplements. They can interact with medications and health conditions. Everyone should read labels and check with a medical professional first.

That being said, some do help with weight loss along with diet and exercise.

However, everyone is different and it's tough to say what will work for you.

The best advice is there is no magic pill or diet that makes weight loss quicker. People spend so much money and time on fad diets and supplements.

You don't need to do rocket science to lose weight (unless you have a medical condition). It's eating less, exercising more & TIME. You need a little of everything in your diet, so just follow the nutrition pyramid along with portion control.

Make a lifestyle change rather than dieting. The results will last and time will pass. Better to lose one pound per week than 30 pounds a month and regain it plus another 10!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    You have to be careful with weight loss supplements. They can interact with medications and health conditions. Everyone should read labels and check with a medical professional first.

agreed
    That being said, some do help with weight loss along with diet and exercise.

Could you name one that has been subjected to proper double blind clinical trials and has been proven safe and effective? (and where the additional weight lost compared to the control group is statistically significant)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Hey Friends we all know that there are hundreds of supplements in the market for weight loss and bodybuilding,
    Here I want to discuss . does these supplements really works in weight loss or not.
    Please share your Ideas here. And help me in knowing the results of supplements

A DIY ECA stack has some benefit.

So does creatine.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    creatine and bcaas (leucine especially) are effective for body building but not for weight loss :p
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I have never found one that actually worked. They are scams. Don't waste your money, honestly.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Not going to waste money on supplements, gym membership and protein shakes to help me reach my macros is all I need. Costco membership covers the protein good.
  • Irishsquid62
    Irishsquid62 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Been there. Done that.

I wish I still had some of the money I've wasted on weight loss supplements over the years.

The ONLY one I've ever found to be effective was the old Metabolife formula that contained ephedra. Ephedra of course was deemed potentially risky by the FDA and has been banned in the U.S. since 2003. It worked for ME but the safety concerns were probably justified; I always felt flushed and jittery when I took it. I'm sure it wasn't doing my BP any favors. I do NOT recommend it. Diet and exercise are always the better and safer route for weight loss.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Been there. Done that.

I wish I still had some of the money I've wasted on weight loss supplements over the years.

The ONLY one I've ever found to be effective was the old Metabolife formula that contained ephedra. Ephedra of course was deemed potentially risky by the FDA and has been banned in the U.S. since 2003. It worked for ME but the safety concerns were probably justified; I always felt flushed and jittery when I took it. I'm sure it wasn't doing my BP any favors. I do NOT recommend it. Diet and exercise are always the better and safer route for weight loss.

It's not banned, it's the ingredient in bronkaid. It's been deemed potentially risky and not allowed in weight loss supplements because of risky behaviors from the users.

I take bronkaid because it fixes my breathing problems better than my myriad of inhalers (asthmatic) and I take it with caffeine. Add in a baby aspirin and you have a DIY ECA stack.
  • pigelty
    pigelty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Dbmata

No I can't name one of such.
    I was just going by success stories I've heard from others.

I know dr oz stands by garcinia.
  • TaviRocks
    TaviRocks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Love the honesty!:happy: :happy:
  • dbmata
    Options
    Dbmata

No I can't name one of such.
    I was just going by success stories I've heard from others.

I know dr oz stands by garcinia.

Yeah anything Oz is fake.

You can diy if you want an eca stack, otherwise, there really isn't anything. Well, clen, but not for folks in the US.