Galbladder and not losing weight?

Options
I've noticed that it's alot harder for me to lose weight, but im thinking that it might be because I had my galbladder removed after having my baby. Has anyone else had this problem?

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I had my gall bladder removed a year ago, and that has not had an effect on my weight loss. My sister's had a kid, and definately sees a difference in her metabolism now. Don't let that stop ya, keep going!!!!!
  • Coramae09
    Coramae09 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    YESSS!!!! i thought it was just me! i made an appt with my dr to check my thyroid levels just to make sure they are good....good luck to you!
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Honey...I am a endoscopic associate....2nd pair of hands for the surgeons who remove the gallbladder. Your gallbladder breaks down fats and oils that you eat. If you don't have a gallbladder you should be eating a VERY low fat diet. If your not eating a low fat diet then yes you will be having trouble losing weight.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I know its not a thyroid problem for me as I just had full check up and everything came out good. but Ive also heard that if one is not careful after getting their galbladder removed you can really pack on the pounds.
  • RubiCube
    Options
    I also had my gallbladder removed (when I was 17) and it is very hard for me to lose weight as well. Not sure if they are correlated, or if there are any medical studies out there to prove or disprove- but I am in the same boat if it makes you feel any better.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Honey...I am a endoscopic associate....2nd pair of hands for the surgeons who remove the gallbladder. Your gallbladder breaks down fats and oils that you eat. If you don't have a gallbladder you should be eating a VERY low fat diet. If your not eating a low fat diet then yes you will be having trouble losing weight.

Thanks millesun, I know my doctor put me on a strict diet before getting my galbladder removed because certain foods would trigger pains.