Which you think is the best exercise for weight loss.

Options
Hello Friends,

Please suggest me the best exercise which you think is best for weight loss.

I love squatting .......

Share your views here.

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    forkdowns
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    walking/jogging/running consistently

29509743.png
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    There is no best exercise for weight loss.

hip thrusts.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends,

Please suggest me the best exercise which you think is best for weight loss.

I love squatting .......

Share your views here.

The kitchen!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Whichever exercise you like and will stick with. Yes, the majority of weight loss comes from the kitchen. But weight loss is certainly helped with exercise as long as you don't then eat the calories that you burn. Every person is different, though, so running might be great for one person while lifting is great for another while swimming is great for another, and so on.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    forkdowns

that and table pushaways

Seriously though OP, weight loss is accomplished through a caloric deficit. If you're like me and like to eat exercising makes it easier to achieve and maintain said deficit.

The best exercise for you (and everyone else) is one that you enjoy and will stick with. Running,for example, is one of the best for burning calories but if you hate running you're not going to do it for very long. Is there a sport you enjoy playing? Do you like cycling/swimming/rowing/weightlifting? They're all good....
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    The one you enjoy enough to keep doing.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, you can't out exercise a bad diet. That needs to be #1.

Now you said you love squats, that's great! You should pick up a beginners heavy lifting program like strong lifts, you'll be squatting every workout. The reason you want to pick up a heavy lifting program is to help you mitigate muscle loss while on a fat loss diet. Simply put, if you eat at a calorie deficit you will lose muscle and fat, it's unavoidable, but lifting can mitigate the loss. I would also highly recommend that you start working towards a daily protein goal, 1gram to .8 grams of protein per lb of body weight is a god goal to shoot for.

By consuming adequate amounts of protein and lifting heavy weights you can mitigate muscle loss while on a fat loss diet. By working out you will also gain a few extra calories to enjoy each day but it's dangerous to associate working out with being able to eat food. I lift weights for muscle, not necessarily so that I can eat more food though it is a benefit.
  • bethanyboomstick
    bethanyboomstick Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The best exercise for a great set of abs is five sets of stop eating so much junk.
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, you can't out exercise a bad diet. That needs to be #1.

Yep, food control is 9/10ths of the battle. Took me a while to fully appreciate this. MFP makes it easy to track.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Depends what you love - if you love the burn/results from lifting, do that every day and focus on that. If you love cycling to work/around town for exercise, do that. If you love hiking, do that. If you love the peacefulness of walking/running start there. The best thing for weight loss is the thing you won't get tired of and quit in 3 months :)

I am still finding what I love (leaning towards cycling, but with no bicycle and a tight budget atm), but until then, anything that gets my blood pumping and makes me stronger is fine by me so I run & lift at the gym.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Pushing the prowler and hitting a heavy bag have helped me lose more fat than anything else.
  • Rhiannonstarr79
    Options
    I have always found that jogging/walking is the best for me, that and biking/spinning and endurance training. Anything that makes me sweat a lot :). I lose better and feel awesome!
  • EvaStrange
    EvaStrange Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    forkdowns

that and table pushaways
    and headshaking (whenever somebody offers you a cookie)

For me, running is in an unassailable first place, because it is extremely exhausting, yet I can keep it up for hours and am thus burning a huge amount of calories. Nothing else comes close to it.