The old "picture on the Refrigerator" trick

Options
Apparently being healthy and feeling better is not enough of a motivation for me to stick to my eating plan so that I can lose twenty pounds. I found a picture of me from 20 years ago when I was in the best shape of my life. Goal weight, healthy and glowing. I worked out and ate right. I look so good!! I decided to put it on the refrigerator door with the hopes of it giving me that extra motivation and kick in the pants. Anyone else do this and has it worked in the long run?

Replies

• AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it on the fridge, mostly because I have a roommate! I would suggest maybe also putting a pic of you at your heaviest. I have a goal photo up on my mirror in my bedroom though and I find that it does help motivate me.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it with a photo, but I hang a dress I want to get back into in a place where I can see it as motivation every day.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea! I have a friend who posted at her desk at work "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    a mirror with a post-it worked for me.

"Jesus Christ you're a handsome *kitten*, have something delicious!"
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea! I have a friend who posted at her desk at work "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."

In for false dichotomies
  • stephylynn190
    stephylynn190 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a picture on my fridge and I have the outfit from the picture hanging on the wall in my workout room. I try it on after every few lbs lost. I'm determined to wear it again and seeing it every day helps some. I certainly think twice about if I am really hungry or just bored when I see the picture.
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    All awesome ideas!
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    a mirror with a post-it worked for me.

"Jesus Christ you're a handsome *kitten*, have something delicious!"
    Lol, love it!!!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I'm putting an 11x14 of my fat old self up above my weight bench to give me motivation.

29509743.png
  • gdreeves71
    Options
    I have an Ann Taylor skirt I use as my 'reality check' if it's too tight it's time to cut back.
    I also have a picture of the body i want that says "Junky ou've wanted for an hour or body you've wanted for a lifetime?" on my fridge
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I misread this thread title as show us a picture of the inside of your fridge - and I got all excited to see yummy noms.

:frown:
  • MzTanya77
    MzTanya77 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of shorts that I could fit last year as my motivation. Every few weeks I try them on to see if they fit better and so far they do! :)
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have a belt that I used to wear when I was at my goal weight, I loved that belt and I gave everything else away long ago because I didn't think I would ever get it together again. But yes I try to look at pictures now and again in hopes I can keep it together.