Take it off ... keep it off...

Options
I am making a "lifestyle change". I tell myself this daily. I am trying to avoid the word "diet", as that word has always been my downfall in the past.

I have about 60 more lbs to lose. It was 100, about 6 months ago. I started using MFP again a month ago, to support a friend. I was already working on changing my eating habits, and wish I'd been tracking all along.

I am more about getting healthy, than "skinny". I don't look good skinny anyway. If I can get to 140 lbs, even to 150, I will be thrilled. I've not been able to get under 160 since I got sick 4 years ago. I was once anorexic, and bulimic, and had to have therapy, which makes me extra-vigilant in being accountable to myself each day. Can't and won't ever go there again.

I am now well, and on my way to a much healthier new "me". I found the love of my life recently, and am moving to the east coast to be with him. Life is good again, and exciting new changes are coming up!

Here's what IS working for me ...
) Slimfast - it really does work for me, if I follow the guidelines, and stay under 1200 calories a day.
2) Prenatal Vitamins - I am not pregnant, but they have helped keep my metabolism revved up, which has always been a problem in the past.
3) Drinking a LOT of water - I am now drinking about half a gallon a day or more.
4) ItWorks! Greens - until a week ago, I'd never even heard of them. A friend, who suffers from chronic pain, started using them. She noticed results in the first week. She convinced me to try them, and her friend (who's a distributor) sent me a week's sample to try. I just ordered them. Well worth the money at about a $1 a day. I have a TON more energy, and best of all - I am sleeping better through the night without OTC sleep aids. For me, that's WELL worth it. Plus with more energy, I am exercising more. More movement is good.!!

What works for you? Any tips?

Replies

• blukat40
    blukat40 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree. I don't like the word diet. You are doing great. I am working the Greens as well. I have incorporated smoothies in the morning and at lunch that are vegan only. Painful to start but you feel great after a week or two. I do not feel hungry until around dinner time when I know the real food comes along. Even the snacks are vegan. Sort of a Vegan before 5pm thing I guess.

Good luck!!
  • Choboman
    Choboman Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great progress so far! Sounds like you're on the road to a whole lifestyle change, which is very impressive. You give people like me who are just starting out a great example to follow.