First time using this website for weight loss, hello!

Options
Hello everyone.

I'm Nessa, 21 and from England and I'm new here.

I'm looking to meet people who don't think the lowest weight is the only weight to want to be.

I've had problems with under eating in the past and although I've clearly broken out of that, I don't want dieting to be an excuse to go back to my old habits.

I'll be starting my dieting soon, as I'll be returning to university so will be back to full control of my diet and removal of certain temptations so for the next week or two I'll just be looking for tips.

Well thank you for reading.

42553843.png

Replies

• Roughgalaxy
    Roughgalaxy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I don't think body weight is every thing. I for example have an ideal body weight around below 180 lbs. I got down to 176 and am now in the process of building muscle with a goal of reaching and sustaining about 210 lbs. Strictly by going with BMI I would be considered over weight but my body fat % is hovering right around 10%.
  • pauldm1
    pauldm1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Agree. Not too concerned with dropping weight so much as I am with building the type of body I want.
  • Zara150
    Zara150 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi Nessa, you can do it! I lost 25lbs in 3 months last year. The most important things to remember - You should exercise every day, eat clean - the best would be to make your meals at home, eat healthy snacks like fruit and veggies and stay under your calorie intake and you'll get there.
  • Xensas
    Options
    Thank you.

Honestly I don't think I'll find this all too hard initially. My meals at university are usually home cooked and full of vegetables and I'm not actually a fan of chocolate or crisps and such for snacking.

I also have my exercise bike set up ready to start daily exercise and will return to walking to university rather than getting public transport.
  • Zara150
    Zara150 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Awesome, you'll get there pretty soon then!
  • Choboman
    Choboman Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site and good luck with the program (and with school)!