I quit smoking and need advice

Options
2»

Replies

• MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I tried a cpl different times, different methods. Cold turkey was the only thing that worked for me.
    Be easy on yourself. This is hard, but achievable. If you gain a few lbs they will come back off.(I can tell you from experience) One thing at a time, and best wishes.
  • patb987
    patb987 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am using a Vap pen for a year now, yes I still get nicotine but without all the other stuff. I don't smell like cigs, I don't hack up nasty stuff in the morning, I don't cough all the time. It is about the 3rd of the cost of smoking so I have saved money, and a week after quitting I double my run distance, oh and I didn't go through a mean stage or a over eating stage. Cold turkey just didn't work for me, so if it doesn't for you I suggest trying this, at first you cough on every drag but that goes away after a day or two of use.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I could not do the e-sticks as a have a reaction to the suspension fluid and personaly it's freakin' nasty @ss stuff, I needed Chantix to actually quit smoking for good and I've been quit for about 3 months now with no cravings and no urge to stuff my face.

When I tried to quit last year, I blew up like a balloon because I was wanting to cram stuff in my mouth all the time, as my body was withdrawing from the nicotice and other chemicals and I was eating to get that endorphin release. The hand-to-mouth habit is something that takes a while to get over.

Usually they say that you should worry about the weightloss after you've quit, because that is more fixable long term than getting COPD or cancer from smoking.
  • VanessaVegana
    VanessaVegana Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice and support! :) It means a lot and is really motivating me and I will think about it every time I have the urge to grab a cigarette.

I was worried about gaining the weight back that I had recently lost, but after reading everyone's replies I realized the weight isn't as important as quitting smoking is right now. So I will focus on one thing at a time and become smoke free first and then lose the weight after the urges stop.

:smile: :flowerforyou:

Thanks everyone!
  • Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Yes, just do it, let the chips fall where they may! ;) whatever works, just remember - you're a non-smoker now. :smile:

Stay away from anything that will make it harder, but really. Smoking is not an option, just acknowledge the craving, wait it out. It'll pass. Getting your head right is half the battle here. Sounds like you're committed so good job and good luck!