Short and Fat

Options
2»

Replies

• AmyWhims
    AmyWhims Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, guys! My first post here - however, I've been a member for a little over two weeks now ;) I'm 5'1, and 202. I've barely just started on this journey - but I DO feel SO MUCH BETTER already!

Please, anyone feel free to add me :)
  • cookeylady
    cookeylady Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You can add me I am 4'11 and 274 (my new number) I am here like you for support and to support. We can do this together :)
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10 and started at 250 lbs. feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • cynthiamm67
    cynthiamm67 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Me me! I'm 5'2" on a good day. SW 262, CW 238.....really long way to go. But we're all in this together.
  • hasjejc
    hasjejc Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well I certainly fit into the short and fat catagory. .here's hoping this time next year the word 'fat' won't be in my description when people describe Me!
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm short, fat, and almost 50. :) When I started, 82 days ago, I weighed 220 pounds. 81 days later, I weigh 194 pounds. I still have about 65 pounds to go, but it can be done.

My biggest challenge is making time to work out.

My best success is having acknowledged that I am not dieting. I am changing my relationship with food for the rest of my life. I will always have to watch my portions and make mindful choices.

That said, I have splurge days. Filet mignon at Ruth's Chris, with dessert. No problem. Once every three months or so. (Which is about how long it takes to save up for dinner there, too!)

I have my treats - at the end of the day, if I'm high on available calories, I eat ice cream (a small portion) for dessert. If I'm low on available calories, a serving of fruit.

I drink whole fat milk.

I don't have as many carbs/grains as I used to, but I'm not following a low carb plan. I'm not following *any* plan. I'm eating the foods which happen to be healthy and that I *do* like, and being aware of what's in the less healthy food and making it a one-off every few weeks.

Since my primary binge trigger is to deny myself a food, nothing is off limits.

Emma
  • cuteandfunsized
    cuteandfunsized Posts: 1,187 Member
    Options
    You can add me,I'm 5'2 and have 50lbs. To lose. We can do this together!
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3".....44 years old....started on mfp in January 2012 at 172lb....got all the way down to 118lb but then started lifting in June 2013 and the weight has gone back up to 136lb....looking to get back to 120lb....feel free to add me....:)
  • Yomama3897
    Options
    Hey! I'm in! I'm short-ish (5'4"), but 61 years old. Menopause really did a number on me (a number to the tune of 15 pounds in 2 years....). However, I AM determined to knock this down. Just got back into it around 8 days ago and (after after giving my wine glass a much needed vacation) am 6.5 pounds lighter. Apparently, that's 26 fewer pounds of pressure on my knees!

Hang in there, kiddo. It will happen.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    5'1...and that's stretching...lol.. I started out at 211 pounds and now am at 136ish..give or take +/- 3 on any given day...YOU CAN DO IT. Stay focused and don't give up.
  • anotherFatGollum
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I have a long way to go too.