My umpteenth attempt

Options
Hello all

been reading the posts and decided to jump in. I have been on MFP before but never posted - tried it for all of a few motnhs then gave up. Then when I reactivated my account - I discovered that I had registered my weight as 190 pounds - and now I am 194. But in fact my panic set in when I weighed myself two weeks ago and the scale hit 200 - I know that is one place I DO NOT want to go.. I am 50 years old - and I weigh between 194-200 depending - on I wonder what. Anyway - I really want to lose some wieight and I have set myself a humble goal of losing 10 pounds based on my 194 weight. Having done this before and probably not having seen any progress - I am cautious. I have also tried Spark People - and once long ago tried weight watchers - and when I had put on weight two weeks in a row - I gave up. Looking forward to the ride thoght!!:happy:

Replies

• HealthyRN2014
    HealthyRN2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You sound like me! (although I am up to 241, almost to where I was pregnant with my last child!) 43yrs old and I feel like I'm 60. That is why I have to do this. Five years ago a friend and I got on a kick and I lost 75 pounds, then I decided to go back to school and fell back into my old habits and gained every pound back. I have been on a diet, literally, since I was 5yrs old. I would love to help encourage you! I am an RN, working 32hours plus a week, and still in school to further my nursing career. I look forward to hearing from you!
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    It took us a long time to build up to this point, taking it off slowly means that the loss is permanent. Other than logging to keep me honest, exercise has really helped boost my energy and feel physically better even if I am not yet petite nor may ever be.
  • newlife6745
    newlife6745 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've been there myself. I actually joined WW for accountability but track here. When I do whati I'm supposed toh do I lose consistently. Hang in there and take one day at a time. Log, log, log.
  • lornajweihan
    Options
    Hey, just wanted to let you know we have all been there. I don't count any attempts any more......just start each day.

My highest weight was 290ish (that's when I stopped weighing). Although that was YEARSSSSS ago, I still remember moving back to Michigan with only 1 pair of pants I could wear.

11 years later, I was down to 189 lbs. I wanted to have a child, and pushed through years 9-10 to make that happen. I only gained 18 lbs thru the pregnancy, had my miracle baby.... and promptly gained weight. Upto 265, when i decided to try again....

However, this has been different.....i may jump off the diet ride, but i don't gain.......i stay at my plateau, try to be reasonable, then push on to lose more. I am 206 now.... at 5'2".... i would love to see 149. So i'll start again tomorrow.......<wink each day i move a little and don't crazy binge, is a win. Hope you have a winning day tomorrow!
  • kerrygirl1985
    Options
    I have also been here before and never posted so giving it another shot :) feeling more positive about things and looking forward to the journey.. Here if u need or want to talk! Good luck with everything!
  • sylviac2911
    Options
    I have been here done that too , I didn't realize it was back in 2011 but this time its different for me I'm more serious about it and more determined :) I'm also learning to let go of all the junk in the house don't buy it as much, i shop at small health food stores like Trader Joe's instead of the large supermarkets too much food to chose from so that has helped me a lot. Also I'm learning to cook more so it will be interesting when I reach my goals I can't wait! Lots of luck to you all!
  • Aldabra2009
    Aldabra2009 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow - thank you all for the encouragement. I did not quite expect that - as I have never interacted on such forums.

I feel good now - and have in fact - just finished tracking and making my green smoothie meal - which hello - Ijust discovered does contain quite a few calories. So I am learning as I go.

Again -thanks all so so much. And good for you all being here and keeping up with it.
  • Aldabra2009
    Aldabra2009 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks - I plan to do that. thanks again
  • cm4ccd
    cm4ccd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes we have all been there.......as my son told me this morning...."Baby Steps Mom Baby Steps."
  • Ryandecheney314
    Ryandecheney314 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you on your journey!! Feel free to add me. I am always looking to bring on new friends that I can help motivate and in return get some motivation from :D
  • kneusel
    kneusel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 47 - weigh the same as you and have lost the same 5 pounds so many times I've lost count! I'm so completely frustrated with myself I could spit monkey tails. I'll do great for a week and then totally blow it the next. I hate veggies, don't like fish and although I love chicken it gets old every meal. I would love to find of group of friends that would help motivate me to stay on track. So if you would add me as a friend I would be thrilled!!!!
  • steph198503
    steph198503 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey im there with you all but now im at 294 and i have to lose so i can start treatment in 6 months so im going at this hard this time i was 299 but when i went to the drs today i had lost 5 pounds. my problem is i have no accountability or no friends to talk to so im doing this mainly alone..i have one friend who helps when she can to motivate me and my boyfriend is in prison so he motivates from a distance
  • gloriaallen36
    gloriaallen36 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    adding you now :flowerforyou:
  • lisanangel
    lisanangel Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me..I'm on daily trying to lose my last 28 pounds. We can do this !!! ::happy:
  • jj_josey
    jj_josey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I feel your pain - I have lost and gained several times and at the moment am back to having lost 0kgs!! I really need some encouragement and would be happy to give you the same - please feel free to add me!
  • annetteellison1
    annetteellison1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with everyone. I was doing well, then had surgery. A few months after that my boss drove me into a nervous breakdown. I started eating candy, morning, noon and night. It was pretty much all I would eat. I went from 135 to 155, which is the highest I have ever been! I'm hoping to lose this misery weight!