True Success

Options
Already posted some pics a bit ago, but will drop them in here again down below for reference....

I hadn't planned on posting again until I hit my goal weight, but I had a doc appt today and saw the "real" success I was looking for when started, so here goes...

I undertook this life change as my doc had been riding me about my blood sugar, my cholesterol, etc for a while. I'm also PCOS and have been diagnosed hypothyroid for 20+ years...nothing I can do to fix that, but I didn't need to aggravate things by being overweight.

Had a doc appt today to follow up my recent bloodwork and the results are...normal...blood sugar normal, cholesterol normal...everything right at normal. BMI is just a touch above normal. I'm not disappointed that I look a lot better with my weight loss and I love that I can do yoga, climb hills, and lift heavy things, but I was really super pumped that my effort is actually making a medical difference, which is what I set out to do!.

So, what did I do?...I came on here and got my eating straightened out...simply a calorie deficit and I try to watch my carbs cuz of my pre-diabetes. Not a super low carber or anything, but I try to keep them below 35% and am usually successful with getting most of those carbs from low GI foods, whole grains, and so on....I do still enjoy a little cake, a choc chip cookie, or maybe even a Caramilk bar once in a while, though...a girl has got to live, you know. Once I had an idea what I was doing with food (about 2 months in), I joined the gym and learned how to lift to avoid losing too much muscle mass on the calorie deficit. I got someone to teach me the basics and have been doing a bastardized SL 5x5 type routine. I'll be honest and admit I hate, hate, hate cardio...I walk my very energetic dog and I have a treadmill at home that I force myself onto a couple times a week, but damn, I hate cardio. :grumble: Despite my hate, my winter goal is to learn how to jog and maybe even to like it.. I know my dog will appreciate me for it

The stats -

H-5'3
SW 205lb
CW 142.8
GW 130???--doc says 5 more lbs is plenty and I don't need to go as low as my original goal, but jury is still out

Anyhoo, keep it up, everyone...it's so worth it.

So, a before and a progress so far pic...
180028_10150092041582677_729181_n_zpse15276a6.jpg

03B425A8-A2F1-4BF2-BA31-C3CC1747F76E_zpst9cb9mzd.jpg

Replies

• scjl1321
    scjl1321 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome on all levels!
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and your success is amazing glad for the "normal"labs too! I too need to learn cardio-so far just walking-May try the C25K but a bit scared of it... Awesome work you should be proud
  • bella90422
    bella90422 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    That is just fantastic! I too have the desire for normal labs, etc. but am also appreciating looking and feeling better. Congratulations on success!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • annetteellison1
    annetteellison1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I love stories like yours!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Wow look at them guns! Nice job

I have PCOS too. Got my sugar under control. Now I'm working on the cholesterol also. Any tips would be you care to pass along would be greatly appreciated.
  • Rosie5151
    Rosie5151 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You look amazing!
  • joyangbax
    joyangbax Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Amazing results, congrats, you look fantastic :)
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to attribute the cholesterol drop to aside from exercise and the weight loss overall. I eat eggs and don't track saturated or unsaturated fats, etc though, though I do try not to get trans fats if I can avoid it. I generally eat a lot of fish and lean meats like chicken&turkey, but I did that before this started, so I can't give credit there.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Good job.
  • Raemama
    Raemama Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Rock on.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!