day 1/forever

Options
we all have to start out somewhere, right? today was the first day of my training program and i have never been more excited to get going. i'm really looking forward to getting into shape and happy with myself again - this time, the right way! about a year ago, i went on a weight loss program through a clinic. the diet was basically a keto diet, very very low carb, high protein, and restricted to 650-750 protein calories a day. i was constantly grouchy and hungry but i didn't want to do anything about it because i was looking so good. i lost 30 pounds in less than 3 months but after a few weeks on vacation - i eventually gained it all back!! it was SUCH a waste and such an unlivable lifestyle that i did not want to put myself through any more.

here was me last year at my "healthiest" - although achieved through very very unsafe means:
skx3ba.png

right now, at 21 years old and 5'3 i weigh 197.5 pounds with 40% body fat (yikes!) and i just overall have been feeling really really sad and unhealthy. i will say that i am so proud of myself for taking this first step towards bettering my life and securing a healthy future. here is the photo that was the "final straw" and REALLY made me decide to lose the weight:

4qilw2.png

really looking forward to sharing my progress with you all! :heart: :smile:

Replies

• malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your decision! It may seem daunting at first, but it's worth it to have something practical and sustainable. Feel free to add me, if you like.
  • kathrynmelnick
    kathrynmelnick Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the family! Having a group of friends around helps. Feel free to add me if you like.
    :smile:
  • nzchikky
    nzchikky Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing but was doing the hcg diet about a year ago. Got down to my goal weight but with no exercise and was in the worst moods ever and only having 500cal a day. Gained it all back in no time at all. Im glad I am doing it the proper way now eating better and exercising. Feel free to add me, will help keep each other motivated :)
  • kerrygirl1985
    Options
    Hey, I'm taking the step too, know it's a daunting thing to start but sounds like you're in the right place to go for it :)
  • stephaniegrace14
    Options
    Thanks y'all for the warm welcome! :)
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent to you and any others that need a new friend.
  • tinekeanne
    Options
    Hi there,

Im new here as well... been dabbling with myfitnesspal for a few days, but today is my first day of many!

looking to get fit and healthy!

Good luck!!!
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    welcome....feel free to add me as well.....a new friend is always welcome....good luck and congratulations on your decision. looking forward to working with you on both our journeys..:smile::flowerforyou: